Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Strange mouse wheel behaviour under KDE-CVS (Beta2)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furanku
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Strange mouse wheel behaviour under KDE-CVS (Beta2) Reply with quote

Hi!

I decided to set up a "gentoo exerimental" partition and upgraded that to Kernel 2.6-test11 and KDE CVS at the same time. I checked out KDE CVS 1 day before the release of beta 2, so it should be essential the same as beta 2. Everything works fine, except that the mouse wheel just works if the mouse is over the the scrollbar. Even worse, if there's a horizontal scrollbar, the wheel scrolls that if the mouse is somewhere in the window, but vertically just if the mouse is over the vertical scollbar, so it seems the priorty of the sroll bars is set up swapped. xev shows that the events of button 6 and 7 are sent, no matter of the position of the mouse.

Is that a new mouse policy under KDE > 3.1.4? If so it's extremly annoying, cause the main advantage of the mouse wheel is IMHO not to have to move the mouse to the scroll bar.

I looked everywhere in the control center, but couldn't find a switch to go back to the old behaviour.

Can anyone help?

Frank
furanku
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooops, wrong forum, should go obvioulsly to "Desktop Environments". Could one of the nice moderators be so kind...

I promise to write 100 times "I shall check if I'm in the right forum before I post, even if it's 1 am" on the blackboard.

:oops:

Frank
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: