heads-up: <perl-5.34 unremoved files... [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: heads-up: <perl-5.34 unremoved files... [solved] Reply with quote

here's:
Code:
     Mon May 24 09:08:32 2021 >>> dev-lang/perl-5.32.1
       merge time: 5 minutes and 24 seconds.

Tue Jul 20 06:59:04 2021 >>> dev-lang/perl-5.34.0
       merge time: 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
Code:
user@amd64 ~/apps $ ll /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.32/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 66 mai   24  2021 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.32/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini
user@amd64 ~/apps $ equery b /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.32/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini
 * Searching for /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.32/XML/SAX/ParserDetails.ini ...
Removed!
Edit: same goes for 5.30.1 & 5.30.3

Maybe I did something wrong in the past...

Thks 4 ur attention, interest & support.

Last edited by CaptainBlood on Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all started with
Code:
(@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.34 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.34 /usr/lib64/perl5/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib64/perl5/5.34 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.32 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.3 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.30.1)
remaining after removal & rebuild...

The @INC error itself is due to ebuild (local).
Errors in the path reported is likely to be due to some configuration things remaining.

I'd love to see these references to uninstalled dev-lang/perl removed.
Any idea what I'm missing here?

figueroa
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes obsolete and orphaned perl modules need to manually and crudely removed.
amd64/23.0/split-usr/desktop (stable), OpenRC, -systemd -pulseaudio -uefi
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that this file is generated after installation, and therefore portage is not aware of it.
I use since years a patch which generates the file is post_src_install: https://github.com/vaeth/portage-env-mv/blob/main/env/dev-perl/XML-SAX-Base
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mv,
Nice...
So if I understand correcty, using your patch in /etc/portage/patch should allow remaining SAX directory branch be removed at upgrade, once current perl has been reinstalled, right?
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've rebuild perl, not patched yet, faulty SAX sub tree removed;end of
Code:
env -i perl -V
command returns:
Code:
  @INC:
    /etc/perl
    /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.34
    /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.34
    /usr/lib64/perl5/5.34/x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    /usr/lib64/perl5/5.34
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainBlood wrote:
So if I understand correcty, using your patch in /etc/portage/patch should allow remaining SAX directory branch be removed at upgrade, once current perl has been reinstalled, right?
Sorry for the sillt question;I read the file at link... :oops:
I understood it is related to 'XML-SAX-Base' package. :)
I've check the current ebuild for it which is rudimentary.

I don't undestand how the patch is applied to the ebuild, as I only understand and use /etc/portage/env as variables settings files referenced by /etc/portage/package.env files.

Alhough not stated in README my guess is that your env directories/files tree also requires portage-bashrc-mv to be installed.
I'm not sure I'm ready to install something that tweals portage behavior.

Still, I find interesting trying to understand how you automated some ebuild paching, as an dynamic alternate way to static local ebuild patch & revbump like I"m accustomed to do.

mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainBlood wrote:
Alhough not stated in README my guess is that your env directories/files tree also requires portage-bashrc-mv to be installed.

No. That is unrelated. Just copying the file as /etc/portage/env/dev-perl/XML-SAX-Base is enough.

Well, almost: As it is written, it requires also to copy /etc/portage/env/scripts/mv_patch from that repository. But alternatively you can remove the first line which sources that file and remove "mv_start &&" and "mv_end" from the script. (The purpose of these methods is to give output and to fail if the patching fails, that is, after this modification you will have a "siltent" patching and possibly a "silent" failure of the patching in the error case.)
Quote:

Yes.
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mv,
Danke sehr für Ihre schnelle Antwort.
Looking forward to experimenting as it seems a new side of the portage fonction stack.
CaptainBlood
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mv wrote:
Just copying the file as /etc/portage/env/dev-perl/XML-SAX-Base is enough...
...it requires also to copy /etc/portage/env/scripts/mv_patch from that repository. But alternatively you can remove the first line which sources that file and remove "mv_start &&" and "mv_end" from the script. (The purpose of these methods is to give output and to fail if the patching fails, that is, after this modification you will have a "siltent" patching and possibly a "silent" failure of the patching in the error case.)
Silent tweak is... verboten here:
Once both files installed, I re-emerged dev-perl/XML-SAX:
Working fine, with nice looking & well integrated output.8)

Thks 4 ur attention, inerest & support.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: