View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patastrophe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: rss-glx problem. Reply with quote

I installed gss-glx (Really Slick Screensavers) and they are for some reason not working at all. Here is the kde config file for one of them in the /usr/kde/3.1/applnk/system/screensavers/ directory. It appears that in order to get these working, I need a program installed called kxsrun, yet I don't have that anywhere in my system. I would immagine that that is part of kde and should be in /usr/kde/bin or something like that, but it's not there. Does anybody know where I can get that little launcher program, or what package I should merge to get it installed?

Code:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=euphoria
Icon=kscreensaver
Type=Application
Actions=InWindow;Root
Name=Euphoria (GL)

[Desktop Action Setup]
Exec=kxsconfig /usr/lib/xscreensaver/euphoria
Name=Setup...

[Desktop Action InWindow]
Exec=kxsrun /usr/lib/xscreensaver/euphoria -- -window-id %w
Name=Display in specified window
NoDisplay=true

[Desktop Action Root]
Exec=kxsrun /usr/lib/xscreensaver/euphoria -- --root
Name=Display in root window
NoDisplay=true
tightcode
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Too late ? Reply with quote

In case this is still not working for you, re-emerge kdeartwork. You may also need to emerge xscreensaver. When kdeartwork is emerged it looks for xscreensaver, if it finds xscreensaver, it automatically builds kxsrun and kxsconfig as well as sets up all the screensavers to appear in categories in the config dialog.

Cheers and I hope this isnt too late for you. I found your post when looking for the solution and found the solution so thought I would spread it around.

Cheers,

TightCode
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: