Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] Cant bring back my lxd virtual machine...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Cant bring back my lxd virtual machine... Reply with quote

Yesterday my ubuntu virtual machine that I run as a lxd guest inside my gentoo machine asked for a upgrade into the newer ubuntu vesion. It occurs that in the middle of the update the virtual machine froze, and I simply closed it "by force". The problem now is that I cant restart the machine. This is what I get when I try:

Code:

~> lxc list
+------------+---------+------+------+-----------------+-----------+
|    NAME    |  STATE  | IPV4 | IPV6 |      TYPE       | SNAPSHOTS |
| ubuntu-lts | STOPPED |      |      | VIRTUAL-MACHINE | 0         |
~> lxc start ubuntu-lts
Error: write /var/lib/lxd/virtual-machines/ubuntu-lts/config/server.crt: no space left on device
Try `lxc info --show-log ubuntu-lts` for more info
~> lxc info --show-log ubuntu-lts
Name: ubuntu-lts
Remote: unix://
Arquitetura: x86_64
Criado: 2022/01/18 22:22 -03
Type: virtual-machine
Profiles: default
Error: open /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.log: no such file or directory
~>

Because of the first error I though it could be a problem of disk space. So I tried to increase my pool volume with the following commands:

Code:

~> history | grep storage | grep set
 8585  [2022-05-04 07:57:29] lxc storage set mypool volume.size 70GB
 8587  [2022-05-04 07:58:38] lxc storage set mypool size 70GB
 8614  [2022-05-04 08:51:58] history | grep storage | grep set
~>

The commands have indeed increased my pool volume size:

Code:

~> lxc storage list
+---------+-------------+--------+------------------------------------+---------+
|  NAME   | DESCRIPTION | DRIVER |               SOURCE               | USED BY |
+---------+-------------+--------+------------------------------------+---------+
| default |             | dir    | /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/default | 1       |
| mypool  |             | btrfs  | /var/lib/lxd/disks/mypool.img      | 1       |
~> lxc storage show mypool
config:
  size: 70GB
  source: /var/lib/lxd/disks/mypool.img
  volume.size: 70GB
description: ""
name: mypool
driver: btrfs
used_by:
- /1.0/instances/ubuntu-lts
locations:
- none
~>

However the error message persists. Also, I notice that even after rebooting the host and restarting lxd, the increase in the pool size is not reflected in the partitions that the lxc virtual machine uses. As you may all see they are still at around 50GB (their previous size), and are still full:

Code:

~> df -h
Sist. Arq.             Tam. Usado Disp. Uso% Montado em
devtmpfs                10M     0   10M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   16G     0   16G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                  4,0G  1,5M  4,0G   1% /run
/dev/mapper/vg0-lvol1  405G  266G  119G  70% /
cgroup_root             10M     0   10M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/vg1-lvol0  916G  433G  437G  50% /archive
tmpfs                   12G     0   12G   0% /var/tmp/portage
tmpfs                  4,0G  4,0K  4,0G   1% /tmp
tmpfs                  4,0G  4,0K  4,0G   1% /run/lock
tmpfs                  3,2G  8,0K  3,2G   1% /run/user/1000
tmpfs                  100K     0  100K   0% /var/lib/lxd/shmounts
tmpfs                  100K     0  100K   0% /var/lib/lxd/devlxd
/dev/loop0              47G   46G     0 100% /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/mypool
~>

Considering the output above, perhaps mypool is only the mount point, and before increasing it I should have increased /dev/loop0, but I have no idea how to do it. That is so because /dev/loop0 appears to be a real device. Also, if it is a real disk, I should at least be able to mount it elsewhere and extract my files...

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited by vcmota on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you create your btrfs pool for lxd?
I see
Code:

| mypool  |             | btrfs  | /var/lib/lxd/disks/mypool.img      | 1       |

I dont get it .
In my case
Code:

lxc storage list
+-------------+-------------+--------+----------------------------------------------+---------+
|    NAME     | DESCRIPTION | DRIVER |                    SOURCE                    | USED BY |
+-------------+-------------+--------+----------------------------------------------+---------+
| btrfs_pool0 |             | btrfs  | /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x500a0751e206a7b4-part9 | 19      |
| default     |             | dir    | /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/default           | 1       |

You should have created a partition and assigned it to an lxd btrfs pool.
Something like
Code:

lxc storage create mypool btrfs source=/dev/disk/by-uuid/<xxxxxxxxxxxxx> size=<size>

But i see mypool.img file in your case.
I would first move the ubuntu guest to default
Code:

lxc move ubuntu ubuntu-default -s default
###then create an unformatted partition by gdisk or similar and....
lxc storage delete mypool
lxc storage create mypool btrfs source=/dev/disk/by-uuid/<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> size=<size>
lxc move ubuntu-default ubuntu -s mypool

You can get UUID by
blkid /dev/<new-partition>
Hu

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Cant bring back my lxd virtual machine... Reply with quote

vcmota wrote:
It occurs that in the middle of the update the virtual machine froze,
If I recall correctly, this is normal and expected when the host storage for the guest's block device is exhausted. You might have been able to recover and unfreeze the machine by provisioning more storage, then directing the hypervisor to resume the guest. You might have been able to avoid the hang entirely by provisioning enough storage that the guest could fill its virtual disk without exhausting the host's storage for that virtual disk.
vcmota wrote:
and I simply closed it "by force".
This is almost always a bad idea, and is especially bad in the middle of a system upgrade. Even once you get the guest to start, you may find it to be corrupted by the abrupt termination.
vcmota wrote:
Considering the output above, perhaps mypool is only the mount point, and before increasing it I should have increased /dev/loop0, but I have no idea how to do it. That is so because /dev/loop0 appears to be a real device. Also, if it is a real disk, I should at least be able to mount it elsewhere and extract my files...
This is not lxc-specific. Loop devices are used to make filesystem files act as block devices, for dealing with cases where the consumer wants a block device instead. You can grow loop0 by detaching it from the underlying file, growing that file, then attaching it again. You could also grow the file and then force the loop system to discover the change. Either way, that will make the block device bigger, but then you will need to grow the filesystem on that block device.
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you alamahant for your reply.

alamahant wrote:
How did you create your btrfs pool for lxd?
I see
Code:

I dont get it .
In my case
Code:

lxc storage list
|    NAME     | DESCRIPTION | DRIVER |                    SOURCE                    | USED BY |
| btrfs_pool0 |             | btrfs  | /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x500a0751e206a7b4-part9 | 19      |
| default     |             | dir    | /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/default           | 1       |

Something like
Code:

lxc storage create mypool btrfs source=/dev/disk/by-uuid/<xxxxxxxxxxxxx> size=<size>

I guess you are correct, this is how I created mine

Code:

~> history | grep lxc | grep create
 4559  [2022-01-18 22:17:54] lxc storage create mypool btrfs size=50GB
 8512  [2022-05-04 13:19:15] history | grep lxc | grep create
~>

alamahant wrote:

But i see mypool.img file in your case.
I would first move the ubuntu guest to default
Code:

lxc move ubuntu ubuntu-default -s default
###then create an unformatted partition by gdisk or similar and....
lxc storage delete mypool
lxc storage create mypool btrfs source=/dev/disk/by-uuid/<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> size=<size>
lxc move ubuntu-default ubuntu -s mypool

You can get UUID by

Ok, I can try that. But is there any way of recovering the data I had on the virtual machine prior to the execution of that procedure?
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cant bring back my lxd virtual machine... Reply with quote

Thank you Hu for your reply.

Hu wrote:
vcmota wrote:
and I simply closed it "by force".
This is almost always a bad idea, and is especially bad in the middle of a system upgrade. Even once you get the guest to start, you may find it to be corrupted by the abrupt termination.

Yeap, I felt myself very dumb immediately after realizing what just happened...

Hu wrote:
vcmota wrote:
This is not lxc-specific. Loop devices are used to make filesystem files act as block devices, for dealing with cases where the consumer wants a block device instead. You can grow loop0 by detaching it from the underlying file, growing that file, then attaching it again. You could also grow the file and then force the loop system to discover the change. Either way, that will make the block device bigger, but then you will need to grow the filesystem on that block device.

This feels as something that I may be capable of doing by myself, but is there any reading that you suggest? Because I have formatted partitions since forever, but reading your reply made me believe that in this case it would be something much more delicate than what I am used to do. Also, is there any way of recovering my user data before?
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ok, I can try that. But is there any way of recovering the data I had on the virtual machine prior to the execution of that procedure?

Yes first you move it to default pool and after new pool is created you bring it back to mypool.
Code:

lxc move ubuntu-lts ubuntu-lts-moved -s default
lxc move ubuntu-lts-moved ubuntu-lts -s mypool

Plz see my previous post.
Hu

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no specific documentation to suggest. Any user data that was in memory in the guest was lost when you terminated it. We do not yet know if or how seriously its on disk data was damaged. Referring to a backup would be the safest answer.
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Cant bring back my lxd virtual machine... Reply with quote

vcmota wrote:

Because of the first error I though it could be a problem of disk space. So I tried to increase my pool volume with the following commands:

Code:

~> history | grep storage | grep set
 8585  [2022-05-04 07:57:29] lxc storage set mypool volume.size 70GB
 8587  [2022-05-04 07:58:38] lxc storage set mypool size 70GB
 8614  [2022-05-04 08:51:58] history | grep storage | grep set
~>

The commands have indeed increased my pool volume size:

AFAIK these commands only have an effect when you're creating the image. Once it's done, you'll have to manually update the disk size using qemu-img resize. See instructions here:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXD#Disk_size

Note that it could also be btrfs related, I have no experience with that. If worst comes to worst, you may have to copy your image to a new bigger one (with dd I guess?)
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you decide to go the "qemu-img" way plz find it in
Code:

app-emulation/libguestfs

pacjage.
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alamahant wrote:

Something like
Code:

You can get UUID by

There is something here that I do not understand at all: how to create this partition in a disk that is in use? Because my lxc image was created in my home, which is a partition on its own right in a physical disk which has no empty space, meaning its full capacity is already 100% allocated either in / or swap.
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

which is a partition on its own right in a physical disk which has no empty space

Disk space is cheap nowadays.
Maybe consider adding some?
Or shrinking the / partition?
Or go the "qemu-img resize" way.
Hu

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the partition table of a disk which has mounted filesystems will usually require a reboot to reread the table.

I suspect that vcmota is describing this in a confusing way. I think the likely topology is: physical disk -> partition -> host btrfs(?). On that btrfs, there is a /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/mypool which is a file that has been bound to a loopback device. The contents of that file is a btrfs filesystem, into which the guest's data was placed, possibly with a few more levels of indirection just to ensure confusion and complication. The problem is that the file needs to be bigger, and the btrfs within that file needs to be bigger. Juippisi previously suggested that a direct qemu-img use may be needed, because that will resize the host side storage of the guest's data.
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alamahant wrote:

Disk space is cheap nowadays.
Maybe consider adding some?

I believe I cant: the main disk in my dell has 500GB of space and apparently I cant alter the size of this main disk. I have another disk in a second slot, but it is already formatted as a backup. Also, I went through hell to successfully install gentoo in this laptop, and removing the disk will set me back many days/weeks which is something that right now I cant afford.

alamahant wrote:

Or shrinking the / partition?

That is something that scares me deeply. If I make any mistake I would have to reinstall everything, which, again, will take away from me a time that I cant afford to lose right now.

alamahant wrote:

Or go the "qemu-img resize" way.

I believe I screw up that opportunity. Today I decided to follow your early suggestion (moving into default pool, creating new mypool, moving back to mypool). But since I lost myself in the partition issue, I ended up recreating mypool exactly the same way as I have created the first one:

Code:

~> history | grep lxc | grep create
 8382  [2022-05-04 13:19:11] history | grep lxc | create
 8489  [2022-05-16 13:39:39] lxc storage create mypool btrfs size=70GB
~>

and than moved back. Two things happened: 1) the new pool mypool now have its size properly recognized by the system (70GB), as shown in the output of def:

Code:

~> df -h
/dev/loop0              66G   55G  9,2G  86% /var/lib/lxd/storage-pools/mypool
~>

but 2) the machine just cant be started:

Code:

~> lxc start ubuntu-lts
Error: Failed to run: forklimits limit=memlock:unlimited:unlimited -- /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -S -name ubuntu-lts -uuid 5de2f6da-f44b-4648-a1f3-266cf3306b59 -daemonize -cpu host,hv_passthrough -nographic -serial chardev:console -nodefaults -no-user-config -sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=allow,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny -readconfig /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.conf -spice unix=on,disable-ticketing=on,addr=/var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.spice -pidfile /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.pid -D /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.log -smbios type=2,manufacturer=Canonical Ltd.,product=LXD -runas nobody: : Process exited with non-zero value -1
Criado: 2022/05/16 13:41 -03

Log:

~>

So at some time in the process I probably ruined my lxd/lxc install. I say that because thereafter I just created another pools, tried to download novel virtual machines into them, and none of them starts. It has been a bad day...
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to worry too much about.
Apparently you lost the ubuntu container.
Just unmerge lxd ,remove /var/lib/lxd/* ,re-emerge lxd and rerun "lxd init".
You will be up and running very quickly.
But its up to you how much you want to salvage your current environment and possibly your vm.
Plz see
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXD#Running_systemd_based_containers_on_OpenRC_hosts

But to quote Neddy
Quote:

Debug it. Don't start over. That's not the Gentoo way.

So first maybe try your utmost to debug your situation.
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alamahant wrote:

But its up to you how much you want to salvage your current environment and possibly your vm.
Plz see
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LXD#Running_systemd_based_containers_on_OpenRC_hosts

But to quote Neddy
Quote:

Debug it. Don't start over. That's not the Gentoo way.

So first maybe try your utmost to debug your situation.

I am trying but the debug option shows me nothing that I am able to work with. In fact, apart from what appears to be initialization code lines, it gives me the same error message as when I try to start the virtual machine:

Code:

~> lxc start ubuntu-lts --debug
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Connecting to a local LXD over a Unix socket
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Sending request to LXD                   method=GET url=http://unix.socket/1.0 etag=
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Got response struct from LXD
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53]
        {
                "config": {},
                "api_extensions": [
                        "storage_zfs_remove_snapshots",
                        "container_host_shutdown_timeout",
                        "container_stop_priority",
                        "container_syscall_filtering",
                        "auth_pki",
                        "container_last_used_at",
                        "etag",
                        "patch",
                        "usb_devices",
                        "https_allowed_credentials",
                        "image_compression_algorithm",
                        "directory_manipulation",
                        "container_cpu_time",
                        "storage_zfs_use_refquota",
                        "storage_lvm_mount_options",
                        "network",
                        "profile_usedby",
                        "container_push",
                        "container_exec_recording",
                        "certificate_update",
                        "container_exec_signal_handling",
                        "gpu_devices",
                        "container_image_properties",
                        "migration_progress",
                        "id_map",
                        "network_firewall_filtering",
                        "network_routes",
                        "storage",
                        "file_delete",
                        "file_append",
                        "network_dhcp_expiry",
                        "storage_lvm_vg_rename",
                        "storage_lvm_thinpool_rename",
                        "network_vlan",
                        "image_create_aliases",
                        "container_stateless_copy",
                        "container_only_migration",
                        "storage_zfs_clone_copy",
                        "unix_device_rename",
                        "storage_lvm_use_thinpool",
                        "storage_rsync_bwlimit",
                        "network_vxlan_interface",
                        "storage_btrfs_mount_options",
                        "entity_description",
                        "image_force_refresh",
                        "storage_lvm_lv_resizing",
                        "id_map_base",
                        "file_symlinks",
                        "container_push_target",
                        "network_vlan_physical",
                        "storage_images_delete",
                        "container_edit_metadata",
                        "container_snapshot_stateful_migration",
                        "storage_driver_ceph",
                        "storage_ceph_user_name",
                        "resource_limits",
                        "storage_volatile_initial_source",
                        "storage_ceph_force_osd_reuse",
                        "storage_block_filesystem_btrfs",
                        "resources",
                        "kernel_limits",
                        "storage_api_volume_rename",
                        "macaroon_authentication",
                        "network_sriov",
                        "console",
                        "restrict_devlxd",
                        "migration_pre_copy",
                        "infiniband",
                        "maas_network",
                        "devlxd_events",
                        "proxy",
                        "network_dhcp_gateway",
                        "file_get_symlink",
                        "network_leases",
                        "unix_device_hotplug",
                        "storage_api_local_volume_handling",
                        "operation_description",
                        "clustering",
                        "event_lifecycle",
                        "storage_api_remote_volume_handling",
                        "nvidia_runtime",
                        "container_mount_propagation",
                        "container_backup",
                        "devlxd_images",
                        "container_local_cross_pool_handling",
                        "proxy_unix",
                        "proxy_udp",
                        "clustering_join",
                        "proxy_tcp_udp_multi_port_handling",
                        "network_state",
                        "proxy_unix_dac_properties",
                        "container_protection_delete",
                        "unix_priv_drop",
                        "pprof_http",
                        "proxy_haproxy_protocol",
                        "network_hwaddr",
                        "proxy_nat",
                        "network_nat_order",
                        "container_full",
                        "candid_authentication",
                        "backup_compression",
                        "candid_config",
                        "nvidia_runtime_config",
                        "storage_api_volume_snapshots",
                        "storage_unmapped",
                        "projects",
                        "candid_config_key",
                        "network_vxlan_ttl",
                        "container_incremental_copy",
                        "usb_optional_vendorid",
                        "snapshot_scheduling",
                        "snapshot_schedule_aliases",
                        "container_copy_project",
                        "clustering_server_address",
                        "clustering_image_replication",
                        "container_protection_shift",
                        "snapshot_expiry",
                        "container_backup_override_pool",
                        "snapshot_expiry_creation",
                        "network_leases_location",
                        "resources_cpu_socket",
                        "resources_gpu",
                        "resources_numa",
                        "kernel_features",
                        "id_map_current",
                        "event_location",
                        "storage_api_remote_volume_snapshots",
                        "network_nat_address",
                        "container_nic_routes",
                        "rbac",
                        "cluster_internal_copy",
                        "seccomp_notify",
                        "lxc_features",
                        "container_nic_ipvlan",
                        "network_vlan_sriov",
                        "storage_cephfs",
                        "container_nic_ipfilter",
                        "resources_v2",
                        "container_exec_user_group_cwd",
                        "container_syscall_intercept",
                        "container_disk_shift",
                        "storage_shifted",
                        "resources_infiniband",
                        "daemon_storage",
                        "instances",
                        "image_types",
                        "resources_disk_sata",
                        "clustering_roles",
                        "images_expiry",
                        "resources_network_firmware",
                        "backup_compression_algorithm",
                        "ceph_data_pool_name",
                        "container_syscall_intercept_mount",
                        "compression_squashfs",
                        "container_raw_mount",
                        "container_nic_routed",
                        "container_syscall_intercept_mount_fuse",
                        "container_disk_ceph",
                        "virtual-machines",
                        "image_profiles",
                        "clustering_architecture",
                        "resources_disk_id",
                        "storage_lvm_stripes",
                        "vm_boot_priority",
                        "unix_hotplug_devices",
                        "api_filtering",
                        "instance_nic_network",
                        "clustering_sizing",
                        "firewall_driver",
                        "projects_limits",
                        "container_syscall_intercept_hugetlbfs",
                        "limits_hugepages",
                        "container_nic_routed_gateway",
                        "projects_restrictions",
                        "custom_volume_snapshot_expiry",
                        "volume_snapshot_scheduling",
                        "trust_ca_certificates",
                        "snapshot_disk_usage",
                        "clustering_edit_roles",
                        "container_nic_routed_host_address",
                        "container_nic_ipvlan_gateway",
                        "resources_usb_pci",
                        "resources_cpu_threads_numa",
                        "resources_cpu_core_die",
                        "api_os",
                        "resources_system",
                        "usedby_consistency",
                        "resources_gpu_mdev",
                        "console_vga_type",
                        "projects_limits_disk",
                        "storage_rsync_compression",
                        "gpu_mdev",
                        "resources_pci_iommu",
                        "resources_network_usb",
                        "resources_disk_address",
                        "network_state_vlan",
                        "gpu_sriov",
                        "migration_stateful",
                        "disk_state_quota",
                        "storage_ceph_features",
                        "gpu_mig",
                        "clustering_join_token",
                        "clustering_description",
                        "server_trusted_proxy",
                        "clustering_update_cert",
                        "storage_api_project",
                        "server_instance_driver_operational",
                        "server_supported_storage_drivers",
                        "event_lifecycle_requestor_address",
                        "resources_gpu_usb",
                        "network_counters_errors_dropped",
                        "image_source_project",
                        "database_leader",
                        "instance_all_projects",
                        "ceph_rbd_du",
                        "qemu_metrics",
                        "gpu_mig_uuid",
                        "event_project",
                        "instance_allow_inconsistent_copy",
                        "image_restrictions"
                ],
                "api_status": "stable",
                "api_version": "1.0",
                "auth": "trusted",
                "public": false,
                "auth_methods": [
                        "tls"
                ],
                "environment": {
                        "addresses": [],
                        "architectures": [
                                "x86_64",
                                "i686"
                        ],
                        "certificate": "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----\nMIICAzCCAYmgAwIBAgIQDkqGIKB58Br2/zENY1mlSTAKBggqhkjOPQQDAzA0MRww\nGgYDVQQKExNsaW51eGNvbnRhaW5lcnMub3JnMRQwEgYDVQQDDAtyb290QG1vcmFl\nczAeFw0yMjAxMTIxNjI1NTBaFw0zMjAxMTAxNjI1NTBaMDQxHDAaBgNVBAoTE2xp\nbnV4Y29udGFpbmVycy5vcmcxFDASBgNVBAMMC3Jvb3RAbW9yYWVzMHYwEAYHKoZI\nzj0CAQYFK4EEACIDYgAEWIIsKJG32AGxRe2OKmuT4L1g/+4x88q3ShKoMfyl1Wel\nlosUPyj9KCHci/NPakGyhAduWuiZ4xR8UVwgMgt1do+o7+c/PbbHaXKbJBz//PY5\n8Fx9ENtOF62D2z4Jg925o2AwXjAOBgNVHQ8BAf8EBAMCBaAwEwYDVR0lBAwwCgYI\nKwYBBQUHAwEwDAYDVR0TAQH/BAIwADApBgNVHREEIjAgggZtb3JhZXOHBH8AAAGH\nEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEwCgYIKoZIzj0EAwMDaAAwZQIxAO+7KbE0JIqJ8jcp\nZklV9KbghRvjpBKowEDLWwP4V9kmva5Rqe8FU54QC5fBimeynwIwW8hMUgsckfv5\nTX7rh/UVEQqZ2uRJeZtyVpXuhBbJU7bn5kunh+RFYbaDSqBnNzyI\n-----END CERTIFICATE-----\n",
                        "certificate_fingerprint": "573738ce2caaa0ec8429f1f9d9bff31746fd1fba8222ad2f412063ed9069d814",
                        "driver": "lxc | qemu",
                        "driver_version": "4.0.12 | 7.0.0",
                        "firewall": "xtables",
                        "kernel": "Linux",
                        "kernel_architecture": "x86_64",
                        "kernel_features": {
                                "netnsid_getifaddrs": "true",
                                "seccomp_listener": "true",
                                "seccomp_listener_continue": "true",
                                "shiftfs": "false",
                                "uevent_injection": "true",
                                "unpriv_fscaps": "true"
                        },
                        "kernel_version": "5.15.32-gentoo-r1-gentoo-dist",
                        "lxc_features": {
                                "cgroup2": "true",
                                "core_scheduling": "true",
                                "devpts_fd": "true",
                                "idmapped_mounts_v2": "true",
                                "mount_injection_file": "true",
                                "network_gateway_device_route": "true",
                                "network_ipvlan": "true",
                        "clustering_update_cert",
                        "storage_api_project",
                        "server_instance_driver_operational",
                        "server_supported_storage_drivers",
                        "event_lifecycle_requestor_address",
                        "resources_gpu_usb",
                        "network_counters_errors_dropped",
                        "image_source_project",
                        "database_leader",
                        "instance_all_projects",
                        "ceph_rbd_du",
                        "qemu_metrics",
                        "gpu_mig_uuid",
                        "event_project",
                        "instance_allow_inconsistent_copy",
                        "image_restrictions"
                ],
                "api_status": "stable",
                "api_version": "1.0",
                "auth": "trusted",
                "public": false,
                "auth_methods": [
                        "tls"
                ],
                "environment": {
                        "addresses": [],
                        "architectures": [
                                "x86_64",
                                "i686"
                        ],
                        "certificate": "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----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\nTX7rh/UVEQqZ2uRJeZtyVpXuhBbJU7bn5kunh+RFYbaDSqBnNzyI\n-----END CERTIFICATE-----\n",
                        "certificate_fingerprint": "573738ce2caaa0ec8429f1f9d9bff31746fd1fba8222ad2f412063ed9069d814",
                        "driver": "lxc | qemu",
                        "driver_version": "4.0.12 | 7.0.0",
                        "firewall": "xtables",
                        "kernel": "Linux",
                        "kernel_architecture": "x86_64",
                        "kernel_features": {
                                "netnsid_getifaddrs": "true",
                                "seccomp_listener": "true",
                                "seccomp_listener_continue": "true",
                                "shiftfs": "false",
                                "uevent_injection": "true",
                                "unpriv_fscaps": "true"
                        },
                        "kernel_version": "5.15.32-gentoo-r1-gentoo-dist",
                        "lxc_features": {
                                "cgroup2": "true",
                                "core_scheduling": "true",
                                "devpts_fd": "true",
                                "idmapped_mounts_v2": "true",
                                "mount_injection_file": "true",
                                "network_gateway_device_route": "true",
                                "network_ipvlan": "true",
                                "network_l2proxy": "true",
                                "network_phys_macvlan_mtu": "true",
                                "network_veth_router": "true",
                                "pidfd": "true",
                                "seccomp_allow_deny_syntax": "true",
                                "seccomp_notify": "true",
                                "seccomp_proxy_send_notify_fd": "true"
                        },
                        "os_name": "Gentoo",
                        "os_version": "",
                        "project": "default",
                        "server": "lxd",
                        "server_clustered": false,
                        "server_name": "moraes",
                        "server_pid": 8653,
                        "server_version": "4.0.9",
                        "storage": "dir | btrfs",
                        "storage_version": "1 | 5.15.1",
                        "storage_supported_drivers": [
                                {
                                        "Name": "dir",
                                        "Version": "1",
                                        "Remote": false
                                },
                                {
                                        "Name": "lvm",
                                        "Version": "2.02.188(2) (2021-05-07) / 1.02.172 (2021-05-07) / 4.45.0",
                                },
                                {
                                        "Name": "zfs",
                                        "Version": "2.1.4-r1-gentoo",
                                },
                                {
                                        "Name": "btrfs",
                                        "Version": "5.15.1",
                                }
                        ]
                }
        }
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Sending request to LXD                   method=GET url=http://unix.socket/1.0/instances/ubuntu-lts etag=
        {
                "architecture": "x86_64",
                "config": {
                        "image.architecture": "amd64",
                        "image.description": "Ubuntu hirsute amd64 (20220117_00:58)",
                        "image.os": "Ubuntu",
                        "image.release": "hirsute",
                        "image.serial": "20220117_00:58",
                        "image.type": "disk-kvm.img",
                        "image.variant": "desktop",
                        "limits.cpu": "4",
                        "limits.memory": "12GB",
                        "security.secureboot": "false",
                        "volatile.base_image": "9f75ccbf4fdf4799fa521572a56f33d2b4dd92efcdf5513de61339cb97c8268f",
                        "volatile.eth0.hwaddr": "00:16:3e:8a:9e:79",
                        "volatile.uuid": "5de2f6da-f44b-4648-a1f3-266cf3306b59",
                        "volatile.vsock_id": "16"
                },
                "devices": {
                        "root": {
                                "path": "/",
                                "pool": "mypool",
                                "size": "50GiB",
                                "type": "disk"
                        }
                },
                "ephemeral": false,
                "profiles": [
                        "default"
                ],
                "stateful": false,
                "description": "",
                "created_at": "2022-05-16T16:41:03.316302034Z",
                "expanded_config": {
                        "image.architecture": "amd64",
                        "image.description": "Ubuntu hirsute amd64 (20220117_00:58)",
                        "image.os": "Ubuntu",
                        "image.release": "hirsute",
                        "image.serial": "20220117_00:58",
                        "image.type": "disk-kvm.img",
                        "image.variant": "desktop",
                        "limits.cpu": "4",
                        "limits.memory": "12GB",
                        "security.secureboot": "false",
                        "volatile.base_image": "9f75ccbf4fdf4799fa521572a56f33d2b4dd92efcdf5513de61339cb97c8268f",
                        "volatile.eth0.hwaddr": "00:16:3e:8a:9e:79",
                        "volatile.uuid": "5de2f6da-f44b-4648-a1f3-266cf3306b59",
                        "volatile.vsock_id": "16"
                },
                "expanded_devices": {
                        "eth0": {
                                "name": "eth0",
                                "network": "lxdbr0",
                                "type": "nic"
                        },
                        "root": {
                                "path": "/",
                                "pool": "mypool",
                                "size": "50GiB",
                                "type": "disk"
                        }
                },
                "name": "ubuntu-lts",
                "status": "Stopped",
                "status_code": 102,
                "last_used_at": "1970-01-01T00:00:00Z",
                "location": "none",
                "type": "virtual-machine",
                "project": "default"
        }
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Connected to the websocket: ws://unix.socket/1.0/events
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Sending request to LXD                   method=PUT url=http://unix.socket/1.0/instances/ubuntu-lts/state etag=
        {
                "action": "start",
                "timeout": 0,
                "force": false,
                "stateful": false
        }
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Got operation from LXD
        {
                "id": "36eed315-b27a-4df1-b6e4-1999e9505303",
                "class": "task",
                "description": "Starting instance",
                "created_at": "2022-05-16T23:09:53.171567967-03:00",
                "updated_at": "2022-05-16T23:09:53.171567967-03:00",
                "status": "Running",
                "status_code": 103,
                "resources": {
                        "instances": [
                                "/1.0/instances/ubuntu-lts"
                        ]
                },
                "metadata": null,
                "may_cancel": false,
                "err": "",
                "location": "none"
        }
DBUG[05-16|23:09:53] Sending request to LXD                   method=GET url=http://unix.socket/1.0/operations/36eed315-b27a-4df1-b6e4-1999e9505303 etag=
        {
                "id": "36eed315-b27a-4df1-b6e4-1999e9505303",
                "class": "task",
                "description": "Starting instance",
                "created_at": "2022-05-16T23:09:53.171567967-03:00",
                "updated_at": "2022-05-16T23:09:53.171567967-03:00",
                "status": "Running",
                "status_code": 103,
                "resources": {
                        "instances": [
                                "/1.0/instances/ubuntu-lts"
                        ]
                },
                "metadata": null,
                "may_cancel": false,
                "err": "",
                "location": "none"
        }
Error: Failed to run: forklimits limit=memlock:unlimited:unlimited -- /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -S -name ubuntu-lts -uuid 5de2f6da-f44b-4648-a1f3-266cf3306b59 -daemonize -cpu host,hv_passthrough -nographic -serial chardev:console -nodefaults -no-user-config -sandbox on,obsolete=deny,elevateprivileges=allow,spawn=deny,resourcecontrol=deny -readconfig /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.conf -spice unix=on,disable-ticketing=on,addr=/var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.spice -pidfile /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.pid -D /var/log/lxd/ubuntu-lts/qemu.log -smbios type=2,manufacturer=Canonical Ltd.,product=LXD -runas nobody: : Process exited with non-zero value -1
Criado: 2022/05/16 13:41 -03

Log:

~>
vcmota
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just being solved in this post here, where Hu saved the day!!! The problem was in my bash_profile, which was just all wrong...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: