View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oO_SwooP_Oo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Blackbox background disappeared! Reply with quote

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has come across a solution to a problem that I have encountered recently. It's been about a month since the last time I did an emerge sync/system/world (using -UD switches) and when I finally did, last night, something peculiar happend: the background image to my window manager (blackbox) disappeared. All that shows up is a black background.

None of the style files have been tampered with and are properly configured on the rootCommand line to display my background image. I have manually checked this and through bbconf. I have tried using different utilities to display the background (eg. xv, bsetbg, etc.) to no avail.

What is suspicious is that the background can be set if I use a terminal to run the background display utilities on the command line (I've done this through both xterm and aterm). However as soon as I exit blackbox and startx the background image disappears again.

Aside from trying the different background image display utilities, I've tried playing around with the xinitrc file and the .blackboxrc file with no results.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

oO_SwooP_Oo
ikaro
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try using fbsetbg
the rootcommand got disable on the *box
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/fluxbox/fbsetbg.html
linux: #232767
oO_SwooP_Oo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ikaro,

Thanks for the quick reply. If rootCommand was disabled on the *box (I also read your other post to allucid 'blackbox rootCommand security hole?') how do I use fbsetbg to set the background image when I startx?
oO_SwooP_Oo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to clarify my last post, what I mean to say is, how can I use fbsetbg to automatically load the background image whenever I startx?
oO_SwooP_Oo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to my last question:

Is there a way to use fbsetbg so that the image loaded on the background is tied into the theme styles set?

The only way that I can think of at the moment is to run fbsetbg in the xinitrc, but then that would me modifying the rc file everytime a new theme/style was loaded.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: