[Solved] HW accel. works on firefox-bin, but not on firefox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizzini
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject: [Solved] HW accel. works on firefox-bin, but not on firefox Reply with quote

I'm testing with empty profiles on both, so they have exactly the same config.

package.use: www-client/firefox -jack -libproxy -screencast hwaccel -selinux -sndio -wayland -wifi

MOZ_LOG="PlatformDecoderModule:5" firefox-bin 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZKgaHa3F':
Code:
[RDD 982297: MediaSupervisor #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFmpeg decoder supports requested type 'video/avc'
[RDD 982297: MediaSupervisor #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG: FFmpegVideoDecoder::FFmpegVideoDecoder MIME video/avc Codec ID 27
[RDD 982297: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG: Initialising VA-API FFmpeg decoder
[RDD 982297: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG:   Format h264 is accelerated
[RDD 982297: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG:   codec h264 : H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10

MOZ_LOG="PlatformDecoderModule:5" firefox 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZKgaHa3F':
Code:
[RDD 972250: MediaSupervisor #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFmpeg decoder supports requested type 'video/avc'
[RDD 972250: MediaSupervisor #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG: FFmpegVideoDecoder::FFmpegVideoDecoder MIME video/avc Codec ID 27
[RDD 972250: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG: Initialising FFmpeg decoder
[RDD 972250: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG:   codec h264 : H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
[RDD 972250: MediaPDecoder #1]: D/PlatformDecoderModule FFMPEG: Set get_buffer2 for customized buffer allocation
[h264 @ 0x7f3a50154c00] Requested frame threading with a custom get_buffer2() implementation which is not marked as thread safe. This is not supported anymore, make your callback thread-safe.
[h264 @ 0x7f3a5017b300] nal_unit_type: 7(SPS), nal_ref_idc: 3
[h264 @ 0x7f3a5017b300] nal_unit_type: 8(PPS), nal_ref_idc: 3

Any idea, guys? I don't know where to go from here. MOZ_DISABLE_RDD_SANDBOX=1 didn't help. I'm not sure if I should report this directly to the Mozilla team, since it's working fine with the bin version.

Last edited by rizzini on Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to compile Firefox with +wayland use flag. And yeah, there were some specific about:config options, especially enabled for firefox with +hwaccel.
Goverp
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently found setting media.webrtc.hw.h264.enabled to true helped, though I didn't get as far as checking the debug trace to see what was happening.
rizzini
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juippisi wrote:
Try to compile Firefox with +wayland use flag. And yeah, there were some specific about:config options, especially enabled for firefox with +hwaccel.

Dead on.. I'm under Xorg, but even then I needed to set the wayland flag in order to get the hardware decoding to work. For further reference, I kept the other flags.

Thanks, man

Goverp wrote:
I recently found setting media.webrtc.hw.h264.enabled to true helped, though I didn't get as far as checking the debug trace to see what was happening.

Thanks for the tip, but recently HW decoding works here without changing any flags. Firefox seems to fix a lot of stuff related to it in the last versions.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: