Airport extreme card drivers?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marlier
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Airport extreme card drivers? Reply with quote

I have an airport extreme card in my machine, but it doesn't seem to be recognized under linux. I tried the standard airport driver, and that doesn't work...any thoughts on drivers? Do they even exist?
FlashLight
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think at the moment there isn't any support for the Airport Extreme, although there's a group working on it. Nothing solid yet though. Your only other option would be to get a USB wireless adapter.
Crypto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

That's right, there is not Airport Extreme support under linux, and I think it's there won't be anytime soon.

[[]]

--->ON LINE SOON <----
ozonator
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlashLight wrote:
Your only other option would be to get a USB wireless adapter.

Or a PCMCIA card, if you're using a PowerBook that has a slot for one. And, there's also those wireless bridge devices that will plug into any regular ethernet slot (e.g., from d-link), but I have no idea how well they work.
codepupil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: how can I help Reply with quote

I want to help with the work going on with this driver and from what I gather this would basically be Disassembling the driver (not sure how I would go about doing this in osx). I'm willing to learn (read: read books work by self once given a idea where to start).
Problem is no one seems to *_know_* anything about this group of people working on this. The guys over at linux-bcm4301 seem to be working on some thing similar but with ndiswrapper working this site is all but dead. Speaking of ndiswrapper I know that this will not work on the ppc arch, but does anyone have a clue on how hard it would be to port to ppc/osx? (Not sure what apple uses that would compare to ndis if anything)? Sorry about my rant :D just hope some one can point me in the right direction
Thanks for any help and just as a side note the gentoo-ppc community is great thanks to all who help for the sweat and tears to make my PBG4 greet me with a XDM login ever day :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: