libreoffice-7.3.7.2: emake failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: libreoffice-7.3.7.2: emake failed Reply with quote

I did an "emerge -uvUD @world" yesterday to get the system up to date after about 3 weeks. It ran with a lot of messages I never had seen passing like when gzip and others were replaced. But when it ended the last on the screen was
Code:
[CXX] svx/source/engine3d/sphere3d.cxx
*** stack smashing detected ***: terminated
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx: In constructor ‘{anonymous}::ExpressionGrammar::definition<ScannerT>::definition(const {anonymous}::ExpressionGrammar&) [with ScannerT = boost::spirit::classic::scanner<const char*, boost::spirit::classic::scanner_policies<boost::spirit::classic::skipper_iteration_policy<> > >]’:
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx:1019:73: internal compiler error: Aborted
 1019 |                     (str_p( "if"  ) >> '(' >> additiveExpression >> ',' >> additiveExpression >> ',' >> additiveExpression >> ')' )[ IfFunctor( self.getContext() ) ]
      |                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0x178cf7f internal_error(char const*, ...)
        ???:0
0x7fca6bae1b81 gsignal
0x7fca6bacc470 abort
0x7fca6bbbd541 __fortify_fail
0x7fca6bbbd51f __stack_chk_fail
0x69738c cp_gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**)
0xa88b2b gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89b52 gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89c7d gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa8ecd4 gimplify_arg(tree_node**, gimple**, unsigned int, bool)
0x697117 cp_gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**)
0xa88b2b gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89738 gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89b52 gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89c7d gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
0xa89738 gimplify_expr(tree_node**, gimple**, gimple**, bool (*)(tree_node*), int)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <https://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:333: /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rm /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_nodash.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_prepostdash.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_he.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_hu.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/line.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/count_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/sent.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/line.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_hu.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_he.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_he.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/count_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_hu.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/sent.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_hu.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_he.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_nodash.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_prepostdash.brk
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2'
make: *** [Makefile:289: build] Error 2
 * ERROR: app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2'
!!! When you file a bug report, please include the following information:
GENTOO_VM=  CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME="/etc/java-config-2/current-system-vm"
JAVACFLAGS="" COMPILER=""
and of course, the output of emerge --info =libreoffice-7.3.7.2

>>> Failed to emerge app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2:

* If you plan to use Base application you must enable USE base.
 * Without USE java, several wizards are not going to be available.

*   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2'

Strange thing is that when I start Calc or Write they do start (and seem to work as far as I can tell) and when I ask the "about" I get they are at version 7.3.7.2. But it looks as if something went wrong with Java.

Code:
emerge --info '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'
Portage 3.0.41 (python 3.10.9-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma, gcc-11, glibc-2.36-r5, 5.15.80-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
                         System Settings
System uname: Linux-5.15.80-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_EPYC_7401P_24-Core_Processor-with-glibc2.36
KiB Mem:    65843024 total,  61229716 free
KiB Swap:    2097148 total,   2097148 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 10:00:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 5a365db67d282d83b87f1f8a952d9f1cac503079
sh bash 5.1_p16-r2
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.37_p1 p2) 2.37
app-misc/pax-utils:        1.3.5::gentoo
app-shells/bash:           5.1_p16-r2::gentoo
dev-java/java-config:      2.3.1::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:             5.36.0-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/python:           3.9.12::gentoo, 3.10.9::gentoo, 3.11.1::gentoo
dev-lang/rust:             1.65.0::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:            3.24.3::gentoo
dev-util/meson:            0.64.1::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:       2.9::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:           0.45.2-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:          2.29::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:        2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.71-r5::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:        1.16.5::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:        2.37_p1-r2::gentoo, 2.38-r2::gentoo, 2.39-r4::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils-config: 5.4.1::gentoo
sys-devel/clang:           12.0.1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:             11.3.1_p20221209::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:      2.8::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:         2.4.7::gentoo
sys-devel/lld:             12.0.1::gentoo
sys-devel/llvm:            12.0.1::gentoo, 13.0.1::gentoo, 14.0.6-r2::gentoo, 15.0.6-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/make:            4.3::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers:  5.15-r3::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:            2.36-r5::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24

crossdev
    masters: gentoo
    priority: 10

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="@FREE"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
ENV_UNSET="CARGO_HOME DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE GOBIN GOPATH PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR XDG_STATE_HOME"
FCFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs buildpkg-live config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox preserve-libs protect-owned qa-unresolved-soname-deps sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LEX="flex"
MAKEOPTS="-j25"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
SHELL="/bin/bash"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi activities alsa amd64 audiofile bindist branding bzip2 cairo cdb cdda cdr cli crypt cups dbus declarative dri dts dvd dvdr elogind encode exif ffmpeg fftw flac fortran gdbm gif gimp gpm gtk gui gzip iconv icu imagemagick ipv6 jack jpeg kde kwallet ladspa lame lash lcms libglvnd libnotify libtirpc mad mng mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib ncurses nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf plasma png policykit posix ppds qml qt5 raw readline samba scanner sdl seccomp sound spell split-usr ssl startup-notification subversion svg test-rust threads tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vorbis widgets wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xft xine xml xv xvid zip zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2021" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 f16c fma3 mmx mmxext pclmul popcnt sha sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput virtualbox" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1" LUA_TARGETS="lua5-1" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php7-4 php8-0" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres12 postgres13" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_10" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_10" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby27" SANE_BACKENDS="epson" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nouveau virtualbox" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq proto steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  ADDR2LINE, AR, ARFLAGS, AS, ASFLAGS, CC, CCLD, CONFIG_SHELL, CPP, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, CXXFILT, ELFEDIT, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, EXTRA_ECONF, F77FLAGS, FC, GCOV, GPROF, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LD, LFLAGS, LIBTOOL, LINGUAS, MAKE, MAKEFLAGS, NM, OBJCOPY, OBJDUMP, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, RANLIB, READELF, RUSTFLAGS, SIZE, STRINGS, STRIP, YACC, YFLAGS

Package Settings

app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo was built with the following:
USE="branding cups dbus gtk kde mariadb -accessibility (-base) -bluetooth -clang (-coinmp) -custom-cflags -debug -eds (-firebird) -googledrive -gstreamer -java -ldap -odk -pdfimport -postgres -test -vulkan" ABI_X86="(64)" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="-nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_10 -python3_11 -python3_8 -python3_9"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="unknown-features-warn multilib-strict unmerge-orphans merge-sync distlocks ebuild-locks preserve-libs parallel-fetch sfperms network-sandbox binpkg-dostrip config-protect-if-modified userpriv qa-unresolved-soname-deps usersandbox assume-digests sandbox usersync binpkg-docompress protect-owned buildpkg-live strict ipc-sandbox fixlafiles pid-sandbox userfetch news unmerge-logs xattr binpkg-logs"

And:
Code:
emerge -pqv '=app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2::gentoo'
[ebuild   R   ] app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2  USE="branding cups dbus gtk kde mariadb -accessibility (-base) -bluetooth -clang (-coinmp) -custom-cflags -debug -eds (-firebird) -googledrive -gstreamer -java -ldap -odk -pdfimport -postgres -test -vulkan" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="-nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_10 -python3_8 -python3_9 -python3_11"

* IMPORTANT: 6 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

The build.log is here: https://quirinus.one/gentoo/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/build.log
The environment is here: https://quirinus.one/gentoo/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/environment
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try to update binutils with eselect.
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update binutils? That is a first for me, I never knew that was a separate update. Let alone this goes through eselect. But I get a list and have no idea what to do with it:
Code:
eselect binutils list
 [1] avr-2.37_p1 *
 [2] avr-2.38
 [3] avr-2.39

[4] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-2.37_p1 *
 [5] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-2.38
 [6] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-2.39

If I now do a "eselect binutils set 6", what will that do to the avr settings?

And how did you come to the conclusion that there was a possible issue with binutils? Just wanting to learn to recognise this.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanik wrote:
If I now do a "eselect binutils set 6", what will that do to the avr settings?

I think avr come from crossdev and I don't know how to set correct version, but for now set 6 for compiling libreoffice is ok.

Spanik wrote:
And how did you come to the conclusion that there was a possible issue with binutils? Just wanting to learn to recognise this.

I don't know if binutils is really the problem, but I see in your emerge --info that you were using a version that is masked because it is old.
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did change it to 6 (the AVR setting does not change) but this makes no difference. It fails with the same error: "stack smashing detected".

Could it be that it runs too many threads at max memory size? But shouldn't in that case just start using swap?

EDIT: I changed my make.conf and set makeopts = -j12 (with 64GB memory). Now I still have the same error "stack smashing detected" but with another part of the package:
Code:
[CXX] svx/source/dialog/SvxNumOptionsTabPageHelper.cxx
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx: In constructor ‘{anonymous}::ExpressionGrammar::definition<ScannerT>::definition(const {anonymous}::ExpressionGrammar&) [with ScannerT = boost::spirit::classic::scanner<const char*, boost::spirit::classic::scanner_policies<boost::spirit::classic::skipper_iteration_policy<> > >]’:
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx:1019:73: internal compiler error: Aborted
 1019 |                     (str_p( "if"  ) >> '(' >> additiveExpression >> ',' >> additiveExpression >> ',' >> additiveExpression >> ')' )[ IfFunctor( self.getContext() ) ]
      |                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0x7f4bc3d1cb81 gsignal
0x7f4bc3d07470 abort
0x7f4bc3df8541 __fortify_fail
0x7f4bc3df851f __stack_chk_fail
make[1]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:333: /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
rm /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_nodash.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_prepostdash.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_he.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_hu.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/line.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/count_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/sent.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/line.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_hu.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_he.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_he.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/count_word.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/edit_word_hu.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/sent.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_hu.brk /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_he.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_nodash.txt /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/workdir/CustomTarget/i18npool/breakiterator/dict_word_prepostdash.brk
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2'
 *   emake failed

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/temp/build.log'

* If you plan to use Base application you must enable USE base.
 * Without USE java, several wizards are not going to be available.

*   emake failed

Going to set -j1 and see where that brings me.
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With "makeopts = "-j1" I get the same error but with yet another package:
Code:
[CXX] svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx
S=/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2 && I=$S/instdir && W=$S/workdir &&  mkdir -p $W/CxxObject/svx/source/customshapes/ $W/Dep/CxxObject/svx/source/customshapes/ && cd /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2 &&             x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DBOOST_ERROR_CODE_HEADER_ONLY -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED -DCPPU_ENV=gcc3 -DLINUX -DNDEBUG -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DUNIX -DUNX -DX86_64 -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT  -DSVXCORE_DLLIMPLEMENTATION  -DSYSTEM_LIBXML   -fvisibility=hidden    -Wall -Wno-missing-braces -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wendif-labels -Wextra -Wundef -Wunreachable-code -Wshadow -Wunused-macros  -finput-charset=UTF-8 -fmessage-length=0 -fno-common -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fdiagnostics-color=always  -Wdeprecated-copy-dtor -Wduplicated-cond -Wlogical-op -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wunused-const-variable=1 -Wno-cast-function-type -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fPIC -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -std=c++17 -pthread  -march=native -O2 -pipe  -DEXCEPTIONS_ON -fexceptions -fno-enforce-eh-specs    -DLIBO_INTERNAL_ONLY  -c $S/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx -o $W/CxxObject/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.o  -I$S/svx/inc -I$S/svx/source/inc -I$S/include   -I$S/config_host  -I$W/CustomTarget/officecfg/registry -I$W/UnoApiHeadersTarget/udkapi/normal -I$W/UnoApiHeadersTarget/offapi/normal -I$W/SdiTarget/svx/sdi  -I/usr/include     -isystem /usr/include/libxml2         
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/work/libreoffice-7.3.7.2/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShapeFunctionParser.cxx:1013:74: internal compiler error: Aborted
 1013 |                     (str_p( "min"  ) >> '(' >> additiveExpression >> ',' >> additiveExpression >> ')' )[ BinaryFunctionFunctor( ExpressionFunct::BinaryMin,  self.getContext()) ]
      |                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0x7f43d8ec9b81 gsignal
0x7f43d8eb4470 abort
0x7f43d8fa5541 __fortify_fail
0x7f43d8fa551f __stack_chk_fail
 *   emake failed

Memory usage doesn't come above 8.1GB so space enough.
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

System uname: Linux-5.15.80-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_EPYC_7401P_24-Core_Processor-with-glibc2.36

This is a first gen Zen. Unfortunately, this looks a lot like bug 724314 which is almost certainly a CPU issue. My recommendation for some time has been for anyone with a Zen 1 to just sell it while they still have some value.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to install libreoffice-bin.
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Quote:

This is a first gen Zen. Unfortunately, this looks a lot like bug 724314 which is almost certainly a CPU issue. My recommendation for some time has been for anyone with a Zen 1 to just sell it while they still have some value.

Yikes. Going to read a bit through that. Just a bit worried that it looks like it is only with a single package that a cpu hardware issue is suspected but I haven't read all yet. I'll try the same on the laptop and I'll see where this goes to.

At the moment (and foreseeable future) I'm not in the possibility of replacing this pc. So going for libreoffice-bin looks like the best solution.
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanik wrote:
sam_ wrote:
Quote:

Yikes. Going to read a bit through that. Just a bit worried that it looks like it is only with a single package that a cpu hardware issue is suspected but I haven't read all yet. I'll try the same on the laptop and I'll see where this goes to.

At the moment (and foreseeable future) I'm not in the possibility of replacing this pc. So going for libreoffice-bin looks like the best solution.

It's not really just Boost, it's just that Boost is super intense for a C++ compiler to handle. There's a few people in the bug who have hit it with Libreoffice too. It's a crash in GCC rather than an issue in the program being compiled. But the GCC crash isn't reproducible consistently, the GCC developers can't make sense of it, and it only ever happens on znver1 (or zen+).

Someone who was quite good at debugging such crazy bugs ended up concluding it had to be a CPU issue or in the kernel, because of the nonsensical results they got under a debugger.

Keep in mind that Zen 1/2/3 (mostly for 3) are socket compatible for EPYC.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this context, "stack smashing" refers to how the stack protector cookie that was set at the start of the function, and which should not have changed during execution of the function, was different by the end of the function. In normal usage, this means the program wrote garbage data over the cookie due to a wild stack write, and so terminating the program is the only sane response. However, if the hardware is misbehaving in some way, then a properly written program could trigger this without any software bugs.
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
Keep in mind that Zen 1/2/3 (mostly for 3) are socket compatible for EPYC.

Yes, but not always hardware compatible with the MB. If I have the right revision I could go to a generation 2. But even then an EPYC 7402P isn't cheap (about 1800 euro) and I have quite a few cost coming up this year.

I read that some use flags or compiling boost/gcc with clang could be a workaround. Ok, not ideal maybe but possible. I'll give it a try anyway, nothing to loose. Distcc on an Intel laptop?
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I tell emerge to use clang to compile boost? I read the wiki but honestly I don't really understand it. Is it as simple as making a file /etc/portage/package.env/boost that contains
Code:

dev-libs/boost compiler-clang

genterminl
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now running into this with libreoffice-24.2.6.2 and gcc-14.2.1_p20240817. I have a zen1 CPU and was also hit with the same bug that sam_ referred to above, but have not had any problems for quite a long time. I keep running "ebuild .... compile" on the package and it gets further, although it looks like the stack smashing still eventually hits on the same function in libreoffice. I suppose I need to finally get serious about upgrading the CPU. (Fortunately, I know I can find a notably faster and more core CPU for under $100, so it's not prohibitive. I was trying to decide whether to file a new bug, but I agree that there is no real point, since there is no "correctable" software pattern that triggers it, and no reasonable fix to gcc to avoid it. I'll be glad to save and post logs, in the unlikely case that they might prove useful.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: