Boot failure on AMD Duron 900
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danwatt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Boot failure on AMD Duron 900 Reply with quote

This is my third Gentoo install, I thought I had gotten the feel of things, evidently not.

Two major problems. First, grub would not run. It kept on crashing, saying something about a kernel virtual address or something (I can post a detailed error if you like). Grub on the CD also failed to run, so its not a problem with the one I compiled. I instead installed LILO, which worked on the first reboot (got the screen and the selection that I expected). It then said "Loading linux.................................." and the screen went black. The only other thing that I noticed was the caps-lock and scroll-lock lights were both flashing (which I thought was odd, so maybe it means something?)

Anyone had a problem with Gentoo on a Duron? Any idea as to where I can start looking to fix this? I barely set any kernel options, and the first thing I am going to try come morning is go with a default kernel. Other than that, I am at a complete loss as to why it is doing this, and any suggestions would be appreciated
linux_weenie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might try genkernel first just to see if that works correctly.
danwatt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do when I get home, thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: