(auto)mounting usb opens in Gimp
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject: (auto)mounting usb opens in Gimp Reply with quote

Since a couple of weeks I have a strange and annoying issue. When I put in a USB or SD card then it is listed in the little usb icon on the bottom of the screen (KDE Plasma). Just like always was before. I get a pop-up where I can click to "mount and open".

So far it always opened in Dolphin. But since a few weeks it opens Gimp... Which isn't very helpful. But I cannot find where to change it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess it is something about the automounter.
rab0171610
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to go to System Settings> Applications > File Associations.
From there you will need to find the file type that is set to open with Gimp and change it to Dolphin. You can do this by using the 'Move Up' and 'Move Down' buttons to move Gimp lower in the list of applications and moving Dolphin to the top. You can also choose to highlight Gimp and click 'Remove' to remove it from the list.
I can't say for sure which file type you will need to modify, but if I had to guess it might be inode>directory, inode>mount-point or both.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: