View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebuild is probably the least of your concerns, you can check one out from the gentoo repos or even get a copy from your pkg directory. However the distfiles might not be easily attained. Some people have been archiving them, NeddySeagoon and I have been saving some of them but no guarantees we have them all.

See if you can do what you can to make it upgrade to a newer version. I don't know what's the current state of your portage tree, not sure if I have enough disk space to download the git repo and back track it to the date you have...
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zucca wrote:
ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Hii,

I'm a developer and I want to make sure my software works appropriately with old system.

Thank you.
I'm going a bit OT here and I don't know your development workflow, but wouldn't it be easier to [...]

I have to agree. While your goal about compatibility is a good one IMO, using a distribution designed to be rolling release (i.e. updated frequently) in a 'frozen' state as your development platform must be the worst possible way to accomplish it... There have to be better ways. It is not the first time that you have to come asking for help because you are forced to update something and get into a mess.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
GDH-gentoo wrote:
Zucca wrote:
ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Hii,

I'm a developer and I want to make sure my software works appropriately with old system.

Thank you.
I'm going a bit OT here and I don't know your development workflow, but wouldn't it be easier to [...]

I have to agree. While your goal about compatibility is a good one IMO, using a distribution designed to be rolling release (i.e. updated frequently) in a 'frozen' state as your development platform must be the worst possible way to accomplish it... There have to be better ways. It is not the first time that you have to come asking for help because you are forced to update something and get into a mess.

Which dstro would you recommend?

Thank you
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
OK, I bit the bullet and did "emerge --sync".

Now trying to do this:

Code:

WaylandGnome /home/igor # emerge -uDavN --with-bdeps=y world

* IMPORTANT: 17 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.use/zz-autounmask' needs updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
 * sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The following updates are masked by LICENSE changes:
- app-emulation/virtualbox-extpack-oracle-7.0.10::gentoo (masked by: PUEL-11 license(s))
A copy of the 'PUEL-11' license is located at '/var/db/repos/gentoo/licenses/PUEL-11'.

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sys-apps/portage" has unmet requirements.
- sys-apps/portage-3.0.61-r1::gentoo USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="(-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_11 (-python3_12)"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    any-of ( python_targets_pypy3 python_targets_python3_10 python_targets_python3_11 python_targets_python3_12 )

(dependency required by "app-admin/perl-cleaner-2.31::gentoo[-pkgcore]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/perl-5.38.2-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-build/autoconf-2.71-r6::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-build/libtool-2.4.7-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "www-client/firefox-115.6.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
WaylandGnome /home/igor #

And this is my "emerge --info":

Code:
WaylandGnome /home/igor # emerge --info
Portage 3.0.20 (python 3.9.13-final-0, default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/gnome, gcc-10.3.0, glibc-2.33-r1, 5.10.52-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-5.10.52-gentoo-x86_64-AMD_FX-9800P_RADEON_R7,_12_COMPUTE_CORES_4C+8G-with-glibc2.33
KiB Mem:     7670864 total,    958392 free
KiB Swap:   16777212 total,  16777212 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 16:00:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 9bf55fc542fa38908dbd2c49245f6a3436bc68c9
sh bash 5.1_p8
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.35.2 p1) 2.35.2
app-misc/pax-utils:        1.3.2::gentoo
app-shells/bash:           5.1_p8::gentoo
dev-build/autoconf:        2.13-r1::gentoo, 2.69-r5::gentoo, 2.71-r1::gentoo
dev-build/automake:        1.16.5::gentoo
dev-build/cmake:           3.20.5::gentoo
dev-build/libtool:         2.4.6-r6::gentoo
dev-build/make:            4.3::gentoo
dev-build/meson:           0.58.1::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:             5.34.0::gentoo
dev-lang/python:           3.8.13_p2::gentoo, 3.9.13::gentoo
dev-lang/rust:             1.53.0::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:       2.7::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:           0.42.1-r1::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:          2.24::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:        2.35.2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils-config: 5.4::gentoo
sys-devel/clang:           12.0.1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:             10.3.0-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:      2.4::gentoo
sys-devel/lld:             12.0.1::gentoo
sys-devel/llvm:            12.0.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers:  5.10::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:            2.33-r1::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000
    sync-rsync-verify-jobs: 1
    sync-rsync-extra-opts:
    sync-rsync-verify-max-age: 24
    sync-rsync-verify-metamanifest: yes

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="@FREE @BINARY-REDISTRIBUTABLE PUEL"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/var/cache/distfiles"
ENV_UNSET="CARGO_HOME DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS DISPLAY GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE GOBIN GOPATH PERL5LIB PERL5OPT PERLPREFIX PERL_CORE PERL_MB_OPT PERL_MM_OPT XAUTHORITY XDG_CACHE_HOME XDG_CONFIG_HOME XDG_DATA_HOME XDG_RUNTIME_DIR XDG_STATE_HOME"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-docompress binpkg-dostrip binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles ipc-sandbox merge-sync multilib-strict network-sandbox news parallel-fetch pid-sandbox preserve-libs protect-owned qa-unresolved-soname-deps sandbox sfperms splitdebug strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/var/cache/binpkgs"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
SHELL="/bin/bash"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli colord crypt dbus dri dts dvd dvdr eds elogind encode evo exif flac fortran gdbm gif gnome gnome-keyring gnome-online-accounts gnome-shell gpm gstreamer gtk gui iconv icu introspection ipv6 jpeg keyring lcms libnotify libtirpc mad mng mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib nautilus ncurses networkmanager nls ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf png policykit ppds pulseaudio readline sdl seccomp sound spell split-usr ssl startup-notification svg sysprof test-rust tiff tracker truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vorbis vpx vulkan wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xft xml xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ADA_TARGET="gnat_2021" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_anon authn_dbm authn_file authz_dbm authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="karbon sheets words" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock greis isync itrax mtk3301 ntrip navcom oceanserver oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 tsip tripmate tnt ublox" GRUB_PLATFORMS="efi-64" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb text" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1" LUA_TARGETS="lua5-1" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php8-1" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres15" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31" VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeonsi" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tarpit sysrq proto logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  ADDR2LINE, AR, ARFLAGS, AS, ASFLAGS, CC, CCLD, CONFIG_SHELL, CPP, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, CXXFILT, ELFEDIT, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, EXTRA_ECONF, F77FLAGS, FC, GCOV, GPROF, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LD, LEX, LFLAGS, LIBTOOL, LINGUAS, MAKE, MAKEFLAGS, NM, OBJCOPY, OBJDUMP, PORTAGE_BINHOST, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PYTHONPATH, RANLIB, READELF, RUSTFLAGS, SIZE, STRINGS, STRIP, YACC, YFLAGS

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also:

The trouble is: everything worked upon install, no issue was encountered.

The sporadious mouse/screen movement was encountered much later.

Thank you.
sMueggli
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:

It mainly depends on what your software needs and for which distributions your software is aimed.

The first question is: Why do you need an entire operating system for your software? Is a containerised approach not possible (docker/podman)? Don't you have setup a CI/CD pipeline which is already testing your software?

If you want to test, you should choose one distribution based on Debian (or Ubuntu) and one distribution based on RHEL. My recommendation is Debian itself and Oracle Linux.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Hi,

Now trying to do this:

Start with adding that package.license since that's low hanging fruit and you'll have to deal with it anyway.

I'd also clean up any PYTHON_TARGETS you don't need along to start with. Also take a good look at package.mask for any masks of versions >= something and package.accept_keywords for anything that <= something.

Unfortunately I think you have more onion peeling here :( But at least everyone can see your onion without having to login to your computer.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
sMueggli wrote:
ONEEYEMAN wrote:

It mainly depends on what your software needs and for which distributions your software is aimed.

The first question is: Why do you need an entire operating system for your software? Is a containerised approach not possible (docker/podman)? Don't you have setup a CI/CD pipeline which is already testing your software?

If you want to test, you should choose one distribution based on Debian (or Ubuntu) and one distribution based on RHEL. My recommendation is Debian itself and Oracle Linux.

It needs wxGTK/wxWidgets as well as access to most DBMSes either natively or through ODBC/unixODC.

I don't have an aimed distro - it should be available to as many as possible.

Well, Debian probably is a good choice, but I am not really familiar with it. And I never heard about Oracle Linux.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
eccerr0r wrote:
ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Hi,

Now trying to do this:

Start with adding that package.license since that's low hanging fruit and you'll have to deal with it anyway.

I'd also clean up any PYTHON_TARGETS you don't need along to start with. Also take a good look at package.mask for any masks of versions >= something and package.accept_keywords for anything that <= something.

Unfortunately I think you have more onion peeling here :( But at least everyone can see your onion without having to login to your computer.

Thank you

I'll follow you suggestion.

About PYTHON_TARGETS - what iis the current Python version in stable?

Thank you.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Python 3.11 I think is the default as of right now, and appears portage supported are 3.10 to 3.12.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So it is safe to use 3.10 and 3.11?

Thank you
Banana
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

PFL - Portage file list - find which package a file or command belongs to.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I don't need to manually set any PYTHON_TARGETS and just pick up the default from the profile... and hope multiple targets aren't needed, wasting more disk space...
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, ALL,
Code:

WaylandGnome / # emerge -a python python-exec

* IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.use/zz-autounmask' needs updating.

[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/gentoo-common-1
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ensurepip-pip-23.3.2
[ebuild     U  ] dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.10 [2.4.8] PYTHON_TARGETS="(python3_10*) (python3_11%*) (python3_12%*)"
[ebuild     U  ] dev-build/autoconf-2.71-r6 [2.71-r1]
[ebuild  NS    ] dev-lang/python-3.12.1_p1 [3.8.13_p2, 3.9.13] USE="ensurepip%* -debug% -libedit% -valgrind%"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-lang/python-exec:2

(dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.10:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="(native-symlinks) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="(pypy3) (python3_10) (python3_11) (python3_12)" pulled in by
    dev-lang/python-exec[python_targets_python3_12(-)] required by (dev-lang/python-3.12.1_p1:3.12/3.12::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="ensurepip gdbm ncurses readline sqlite ssl -bluetooth -build -debug -examples -libedit -pgo -test -tk -valgrind -verify-sig" ABI_X86="(64)"

dev-lang/python-exec (Argument)

(dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.8-1:2/2::gentoo, installed) USE="(native-symlinks) userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="(pypy3) python3_8 python3_9 (-python3_10)" pulled in by
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/idna-3.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/dbus-python-1.2.16-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/docutils-0.17.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.68.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/PySocks-1.7.1-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/numpy-1.21.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -lapack -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-emulation/virtualbox-6.1.22:0/6.1::gentoo, installed) USE="alsa opengl opus pam pulseaudio qt5 sdk udev userland_GNU -debug -doc -dtrace -headless -java -lvm (-pax-kernel) -python -vboxwebsrv -vnc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/six-1.16.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (x11-base/xcb-proto-1.14.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (app-portage/gemato-16.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gpg userland_GNU -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-scm-6.0.1-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/requests-2.25.1-r2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -socks5 -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (sys-apps/portage-3.0.20-r6-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify userland_GNU xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/certifi-10001-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/jinja-3.0.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-extra/gnome-browser-connector-10-r4:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-libs/gobject-introspection-1.68.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doctool -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-build/meson-format-array-0-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

dev-lang/python-exec[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-lang/python-3.9.13:3.9/3.9::gentoo, installed) USE="gdbm ncurses readline sqlite ssl userland_GNU xml -bluetooth -build -examples -hardened -lto -pgo -test -tk -verify-sig -wininst" ABI_X86="(64)"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pygobject-3.40.1-r1:3/3::gentoo, installed) USE="cairo userland_GNU -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-build/meson-0.58.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU (-test)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-extra/gnome-tweaks-40.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/mako-1.1.4:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pygments-2.9.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-editors/gedit-40.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="python spell userland_GNU -gtk-doc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/glib-utils-2.68.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pycairo-1.20.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/toml-0.10.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/markupsafe-2.0.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.12-r3:2/2::gentoo, installed) USE="icu ipv6 python readline userland_GNU -debug -examples -lzma -static-libs -test -verify-sig" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/cython-0.29.23:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -emacs -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (media-gfx/scour-0.38.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-57.4.0-r2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-gfx/inkscape-1.0.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="cdr dbus exif jpeg lcms openmp spell svg2 userland_GNU -dia -graphicsmagick -imagemagick -inkjar (-jemalloc) -postscript -static-libs -visio -wpg" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/anjuta-3.34.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="introspection userland_GNU -debug -devhelp -glade -subversion -terminal -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gtk-doc-1.33.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -emacs -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-text/yelp-tools-40.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/itstool-2.0.6-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-libs/libpeas-1.30.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gtk python userland_GNU -glade -gtk-doc -lua -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1 -luajit" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-sound/gnome-music-40.1.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/lxml-4.6.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="threads userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gnome-builder-3.40.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="devhelp git glade spell sysprof userland_GNU -clang -doc -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/chardet-4.0.0-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (sys-libs/libblockdev-2.25:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="cryptsetup introspection tools userland_GNU -bcache -device-mapper -dmraid -escrow -gtk-doc -kbd -lvm -test -vdo" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-debug/gdb-10.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="nls python server userland_GNU xml (-cet) -lzma -multitarget -source-highlight -test -vanilla -xxhash" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-libs/newt-0.52.21-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gpm nls userland_GNU -tcl" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/devhelp-40.0:0/3-6::gentoo, installed) USE="gedit introspection userland_GNU -gtk-doc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-text/asciidoc-9.0.5-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-video/totem-3.38.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="python userland_GNU -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-base/gnome-shell-40.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="browser-extension elogind ibus networkmanager userland_GNU -bluetooth -gtk-doc -systemd -telepathy -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/urllib3-1.26.6-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -brotli -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (sys-devel/clang-12.0.1:12/12::gentoo, installed) USE="static-analyzer userland_GNU xml -debug -default-compiler-rt -default-libcxx -default-lld -doc -llvm-libunwind -test" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU BPF NVPTX (X86) -AArch64 (-ARC) -ARM -AVR (-CSKY) -Hexagon -Lanai -MSP430 -Mips -PowerPC -RISCV -Sparc -SystemZ -VE -WebAssembly -XCore" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (app-i18n/ibus-1.5.22:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="X emoji gtk gtk2 introspection nls python unicode userland_GNU wayland -kde -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- sys-devel/gcc-10.3.0-r2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/package.mask:
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2023-11-19)
# GCC 10 and older no longer receive upstream support or fixes for
# bugs. Please switch to a newer GCC version using gcc-config.
# The lowest supported version of GCC is GCC 11.

- dev-build/cmake-3.20.5::gentoo (masked by: CMake license(s))
- sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (2017-05-21)
# (and others, updated later)
# These old versions of toolchain packages (binutils, gcc, glibc) are no
# longer officially supported and are not suitable for general use. Using
# these packages can result in build failures (and possible breakage) for
# many packages, and may leave your system vulnerable to known security
# exploits.
# If you still use one of these old toolchain packages, please upgrade (and
# switch the compiler / the binutils) ASAP. If you need them for a specific
# (isolated) use case, feel free to unmask them on your system.

- sys-libs/binutils-libs-2.35.2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
- virtual/libcrypt-1-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/base/package.mask:
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2021-11-22)
# Mask the older libcrypt virtual (which accepted glibc[crypt]) to ease
# dependency resolution. In a fair number of cases, this has helped
# upgrades go through cleanly.
# Read the news item if you need help!
# (This mask is undone in musl profiles where the transition is not yet being
# made.)
# bug #699422.

- dev-libs/openssl-1.1.1k-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2023-09-09)
# OpenSSL 1.1.x is EOL on 2023-09-11. Please upgrade immediately to >= OpenSSL 3.
# https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2023/03/28/1.1.1-EOL/
# https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2023/06/15/1.1.1-EOL-Reminder/
# Please run a full world upgrade, especially checking /etc/portage and your world file
# for old PHP or Ruby references.

- sys-devel/binutils-2.35.2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
- net-wireless/crda-4.14::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# David Seifert <soap@gentoo.org> (2024-01-21)
# Not required anymore since 4.14 is EOL, handled within the kernel
# nowadays. Removal on 2024-02-20.

WaylandGnome / #

Thank you.
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't update dev-lang/python-exec without also updating the packages that want the python_targets_python3_9 USE flag set, like e.g.
dev-util/gdbus-codegen, app-emulation/virtualbox, gnome-extra/gnome-browser-connector and others. Version 2.4.10 of python-exec dropped it.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
OK, so what is the action here?

Remove python3_9 from PYTHON_TARGETS?

Thank you
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
Hi,
OK, so what is the action here?

Remove python3_9 from PYTHON_TARGETS?

Thank you

There's no way forward with python3_9. Either remove it from PYTHON_TARGETS or if you want to fix it, set it to at least 3_10. I see you already have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET set to 3_11, so I guess a better choice would be to set PYTHON_TARGETS to 3_11 too, if you prefer a fixed version.

The other option you have is to completely remove all python target settings and let portage manage it. Either way you're not updating for long periods of time, so it will not change.

Best Regards,
Georgi
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, if you are going to do partial updates, you will have to do certain packages at the same time, i. e. mention them in the same emerge --update command, to get partial successes. So you should make package lists based on Portage's error messages. You've got one already. In this case, all packages that have been installed with python_targets_python3_9 set plus dev-lang/python-exec must be done together.

However, to avoid making your agony eternal, why don't you put on a pastebin site the output of emerge --pretend --deep --update --changed-use @world, errors and all, so that people willing to help you can understand the full extent of the mess you are in?
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDH-gentoo,
Here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/8rhde9dK.

Thank you.

Casts tags on the URL to protect the party from the dot.Chiitoo
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the command I asked for. You forgot --deep (-D). --deep is important.

Also, -N (--newuse) is going to make this harder, use --changed-use (-U) instead.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This should be better/

Thank you.
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So I just managed to update Perl and now trying to update Python.

I got this:

Code:

WaylandGnome /home/igor # emerge -1va python python-exec

[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/gentoo-common-1::gentoo  0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/ensurepip-pip-23.3.2::gentoo  2,060 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.10:2::gentoo [2.4.8:2::gentoo] USE="(native-symlinks) -test" PYTHON_TARGETS="(pypy3) (python3_10*) (python3_11%*) (python3_12%*) (-python3_8%*) (-python3_9%*)" 83 KiB
[ebuild     U  ] dev-build/autoconf-2.71-r6:2.71::gentoo [2.71-r1:2.71::gentoo] USE="-emacs" 0 KiB
[ebuild  NS    ] dev-lang/python-3.12.1_p1:3.12::gentoo [3.8.13_p2:3.8::gentoo, 3.9.13:3.9::gentoo] USE="ensurepip%* gdbm ncurses readline sqlite ssl -bluetooth -build -debug% -examples -libedit% -pgo -test -tk -valgrind% -verify-sig (-hardened%) (-lto%) (-wininst%) (-xml%*)" 20,108 KiB

Total: 5 packages (2 upgrades, 2 new, 1 in new slot), Size of downloads: 22,251 KiB

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-lang/python-exec:2

(dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.10:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="(native-symlinks) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="(pypy3) (python3_10) (python3_11) (python3_12)" pulled in by
    dev-lang/python-exec[python_targets_python3_12(-)] required by (dev-lang/python-3.12.1_p1:3.12/3.12::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="ensurepip gdbm ncurses readline sqlite ssl -bluetooth -build -debug -examples -libedit -pgo -test -tk -valgrind -verify-sig" ABI_X86="(64)"

dev-lang/python-exec (Argument)

(dev-lang/python-exec-2.4.8-1:2/2::gentoo, installed) USE="(native-symlinks) userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="(pypy3) python3_8 python3_9 (-python3_10)" pulled in by
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/six-1.16.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pygobject-3.40.1-r1:3/3::gentoo, installed) USE="cairo userland_GNU -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/requests-2.25.1-r2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -socks5 -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/anjuta-3.34.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="introspection userland_GNU -debug -devhelp -glade -subversion -terminal -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/dbus-python-1.2.16-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-debug/gdb-10.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="nls python server userland_GNU xml (-cet) -lzma -multitarget -source-highlight -test -vanilla -xxhash" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/chardet-4.0.0-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (app-portage/gemato-16.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gpg userland_GNU -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (sys-libs/libblockdev-2.25:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="cryptsetup introspection tools userland_GNU -bcache -device-mapper -dmraid -escrow -gtk-doc -kbd -lvm -test -vdo" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/jinja-3.0.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/idna-3.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (media-gfx/scour-0.38.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-text/yelp-tools-40.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/docutils-0.17.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-libs/libpeas-1.30.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gtk python userland_GNU -glade -gtk-doc -lua -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" LUA_SINGLE_TARGET="lua5-1 -luajit" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pycairo-1.20.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/lxml-4.6.3-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="threads userland_GNU -doc -examples -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gnome-builder-3.40.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="devhelp git glade spell sysprof userland_GNU -clang -doc -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/toml-0.10.2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/markupsafe-2.0.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-editors/gedit-40.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="python spell userland_GNU -gtk-doc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/itstool-2.0.6-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/cython-0.29.23:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -emacs -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-base/gnome-shell-40.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="browser-extension elogind ibus networkmanager userland_GNU -bluetooth -gtk-doc -systemd -telepathy -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (sys-devel/clang-12.0.1:12/12::gentoo, installed) USE="static-analyzer userland_GNU xml -debug -default-compiler-rt -default-libcxx -default-lld -doc -llvm-libunwind -test" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU BPF NVPTX (X86) -AArch64 (-ARC) -ARM -AVR (-CSKY) -Hexagon -Lanai -MSP430 -Mips -PowerPC -RISCV -Sparc -SystemZ -VE -WebAssembly -XCore" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/urllib3-1.26.6-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -brotli -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-text/asciidoc-9.0.5-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.12-r3:2/2::gentoo, installed) USE="icu ipv6 python readline userland_GNU -debug -examples -lzma -static-libs -test -verify-sig" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-build/meson-0.58.1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU (-test)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-scm-6.0.1-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-build/meson-format-array-0-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/pygments-2.9.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-gfx/inkscape-1.0.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="cdr dbus exif jpeg lcms openmp spell svg2 userland_GNU -dia -graphicsmagick -imagemagick -inkjar (-jemalloc) -postscript -static-libs -visio -wpg" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gdbus-codegen-2.68.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/glib-utils-2.68.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-video/totem-3.38.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="python userland_GNU -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-libs/gobject-introspection-1.68.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doctool -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-extra/gnome-browser-connector-10-r4:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (gnome-extra/gnome-tweaks-40.0:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (media-sound/gnome-music-40.1.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-libs/newt-0.52.21-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="gpm nls userland_GNU -tcl" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/devhelp-40.0:0/3-6::gentoo, installed) USE="gedit introspection userland_GNU -gtk-doc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-57.4.0-r2-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/numpy-1.21.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -lapack -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (x11-base/xcb-proto-1.14.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

dev-lang/python-exec[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-lang/python-3.9.13:3.9/3.9::gentoo, installed) USE="gdbm ncurses readline sqlite ssl userland_GNU xml -bluetooth -build -examples -hardened -lto -pgo -test -tk -verify-sig -wininst" ABI_X86="(64)"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (app-emulation/virtualbox-6.1.22:0/6.1::gentoo, installed) USE="alsa opengl opus pam pulseaudio qt5 sdk udev userland_GNU -debug -doc -dtrace -headless -java -lvm (-pax-kernel) -python -vboxwebsrv -vnc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    >=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (app-i18n/ibus-1.5.22:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="X emoji gtk gtk2 introspection nls python unicode userland_GNU wayland -kde -test -vala" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/certifi-10001-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (sys-apps/portage-3.0.20-r6-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify userland_GNU xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux) -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/mako-1.1.4:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/PySocks-1.7.1-r1-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_9 (-pypy3) -python3_10 -python3_8"

>=dev-lang/python-exec-2:2/2=[python_targets_python3_9] required by (dev-util/gtk-doc-1.33.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="userland_GNU -emacs -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_9 -python3_8"
                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- dev-libs/openssl-1.1.1k-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2023-09-09)
# OpenSSL 1.1.x is EOL on 2023-09-11. Please upgrade immediately to >= OpenSSL 3.
# https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2023/03/28/1.1.1-EOL/
# https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2023/06/15/1.1.1-EOL-Reminder/
# Please run a full world upgrade, especially checking /etc/portage and your world file
# for old PHP or Ruby references.

- dev-build/cmake-3.20.5::gentoo (masked by: CMake license(s))
- sys-libs/binutils-libs-2.35.2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (2017-05-21)
# (and others, updated later)
# These old versions of toolchain packages (binutils, gcc, glibc) are no
# longer officially supported and are not suitable for general use. Using
# these packages can result in build failures (and possible breakage) for
# many packages, and may leave your system vulnerable to known security
# exploits.
# If you still use one of these old toolchain packages, please upgrade (and
# switch the compiler / the binutils) ASAP. If you need them for a specific
# (isolated) use case, feel free to unmask them on your system.

- sys-devel/gcc-10.3.0-r2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2023-11-19)
# GCC 10 and older no longer receive upstream support or fixes for
# bugs. Please switch to a newer GCC version using gcc-config.
# The lowest supported version of GCC is GCC 11.

- sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
- net-wireless/crda-4.14::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
# David Seifert <soap@gentoo.org> (2024-01-21)
# Not required anymore since 4.14 is EOL, handled within the kernel
# nowadays. Removal on 2024-02-20.

- virtual/libcrypt-1-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/base/package.mask:
# Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> (2021-11-22)
# Mask the older libcrypt virtual (which accepted glibc[crypt]) to ease
# dependency resolution. In a fair number of cases, this has helped
# upgrades go through cleanly.
# Read the news item if you need help!
# (This mask is undone in musl profiles where the transition is not yet being
# made.)
# bug #699422.

- sys-devel/binutils-2.35.2::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)

Fixed the code -tag. -- Zucca

Last edited by ONEEYEMAN on Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ONEEYEMAN
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then when I get this error:

Code:

WaylandGnome /home/igor # emerge -1va python python-exec dev-util/gtk-doc dev-python/PySocks dev-python/mako sys-apps/portage dev-python/certifi app-i18n/ibus app-emulation/virtualbox x11-base/xcb-proto dev-python/numpy dev-python/setuptools dev-util/devhelp dev-libs/newt media-sound/gnome-music gnome-extra/gnome-tweaks gnome-extra/gnome-browser-connector dev-libs/gobject-introspection media-video/totem dev-util/glib-utils dev-util/gdbus-codegen media-gfx/inkscape dev-python/pygments dev-build/meson-format-array dev-python/setuptools-scm dev-build/meson dev-libs/libxml2 app-text/asciidoc dev-python/urllib3 sys-devel/clang gnome-base/gnome-shell dev-python/cython dev-util/itstool app-editors/gedit dev-python/markupsafe dev-python/toml dev-util/gnome-builder dev-python/lxml dev-python/pycairo dev-libs/libpeas dev-python/docutils app-text/yelp-tools media-gfx/scour dev-python/idna dev-python/jinja sys-libs/libblockdev app-portage/gemato dev-python/chardet dev-debug/gdb dev-python/dbus-python dev-util/anjuta dev-python/requests dev-python/pygobject

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/toml".

]

Can I just unmergw the missing package?

Thank you.
flysideways
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dev-python/toml ?

I found this https://bugs.gentoo.org/878651

Searching all of news on my fresh install, I find no reference to it being removed, but it was.

https://projects.gentoo.org/python/guide/porting.html#replacing-the-toml-package
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONEEYEMAN wrote:
But then when I get this error:

Code:

WaylandGnome /home/igor # emerge -1va python python-exec dev-util/gtk-doc dev-python/PySocks dev-python/mako sys-apps/portage dev-python/certifi app-i18n/ibus app-emulation/virtualbox x11-base/xcb-proto dev-python/numpy dev-python/setuptools dev-util/devhelp dev-libs/newt media-sound/gnome-music gnome-extra/gnome-tweaks gnome-extra/gnome-browser-connector dev-libs/gobject-introspection media-video/totem dev-util/glib-utils dev-util/gdbus-codegen media-gfx/inkscape dev-python/pygments dev-build/meson-format-array dev-python/setuptools-scm dev-build/meson dev-libs/libxml2 app-text/asciidoc dev-python/urllib3 sys-devel/clang gnome-base/gnome-shell dev-python/cython dev-util/itstool app-editors/gedit dev-python/markupsafe dev-python/toml dev-util/gnome-builder dev-python/lxml dev-python/pycairo dev-libs/libpeas dev-python/docutils app-text/yelp-tools media-gfx/scour dev-python/idna dev-python/jinja sys-libs/libblockdev app-portage/gemato dev-python/chardet dev-debug/gdb dev-python/dbus-python dev-util/anjuta dev-python/requests dev-python/pygobject

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-python/toml".

]

Can I just unmergw the missing package?

Thank you.

How did you come up with that command? Post the new emerge -DuUpv @world plus your world file.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: