Deluge awfully slow speed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slashhhh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject: Deluge awfully slow speed Reply with quote

I have a home server running Gentoo with deluge on it. But my downloads are awfully slow (~140 K/s (that's not my internet. My internet can do 200 mbit)). I've managed to isolate deluge as the source of the problem (different libtorrent version, same thing. qbittorent with same libtorrent install works perfectly). I would really love to use deluge over qbittorrent as I can connect to the deluge daemon from my desktop's instance of deluge and thus the interface is much more pleasant to use.

I'm aware, that this forum is not the best place to ask for this kind of support. I'm coming here as I've already asked on the deluge forums and they've suddenly started ghosting me, and I've had really good experiences with this forum.
I don't expect a solution to be handed to me or anything like that, as this forum is likely not all too familiar with deluge. But maybe someone has any pointers on where the problem might stem from. Stuff like is it worth it to try using gcc (I'm on a clang profile)? Is deluge-9999 considered more or less safe (I know it's by design not stable, but I don't really need 100% stability)?
swanson
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittorrent basics first as Deluge works perfectly for me:

Check that you are not using network port 6881 and hence being throttled by your ISP or peer ISPs.
Check that the network port is not blocked by the router (or server itself) and/or is forwarded correctly.
Check that you haven't setup bandwidth restrictions on Deluge.
Check the same torrent on both qbittorrent and Deluge as it just might for that particular torrent the available peers upload speeds.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: