pam_krb5 breaks sudo/doas. Here's the solution
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victor Brand
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: pam_krb5 breaks sudo/doas. Here's the solution Reply with quote

I've stumbled upon an issue with pam_krb5. When KDC and admin servers are fully configured, it prevents a user from utilizing sudo/doas commands (su - works well though). I've found a solution by using Debian's configuration of pam_krb5 in Gentoo. I modified /etc/pam.d/system.auth in lines where pam_krb5 was mentioned:
Code:

auth      [success=3 default=ignore]      pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000 try_first_pass
account      required   pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000 try_first_pass
password   [success=1 default=ignore]   pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000 try_first_pass
session      [success=1 default=ignore]   pam_krb5.so minimum_uid=1000 try_first_pass

Everything seems to be working as of now.

EDIT: I've slightly modified my solution, because it didn't work well with xscreensaver unlocking. Actually, what I've done is that I removed of the 'debug' option and switched the deprecated 'ignore_root' option to 'minimum_uid=1000'.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: