Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pingtoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borje2,

Thank you very much for your confident in me.

I live in Ontario, we are English speaking province.

Please use 'pingtoo', There is no need to capitalise the name.

I am surprise that there is nothing to clean, so may be my understand of Gentoo is incomplete. :oops:

I study the emerge "update" world output. I have found something I fell I need to alert you before we do anything.

It appear that after take out the "suid" from USE flag, the default for Xorg-server might need root to start up, or it will use a helper program if none root user try to startup. This might create some confusion later.

You have multiple web clients installed, (firefox, falkon) and libreoffice, these are big packages, take some time to rebuild, may be you could consider take them out of system for now. I think we will go several iterations on system rebuild and in the duration of debugging, it is unlikely we need them for test.

Do you have another machine you can connect to internet in the debugging duration? we might be doing something that will disrupt your daily workflow. if our session will disrupt your daily workflow please do let me know, so I will take it in to consideration.

As you can see, we might end up doing just like pietinger suggested, rebuild entire system from scratch (or close to it) so I want you to be aware of it.

I live in Eastern Time Zone. I usually will be off after 18:00 hour. so this communicate might be slow you will need to prepare spent some time on this.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: