Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Raspberries and profile migration (17.0 to 23.0)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sargastic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject: Raspberries and profile migration (17.0 to 23.0) Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm currently updating my raspberries (all 32 bits) from the 17.0 profile to the 23.0. Everything is not going smoothly. Lots of stuff fail to compile.

First, what is the proper profile to select ?

My CHOSTs are either armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf or armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi ; I felt the default/linux/arm/23.0/split-usr/armv7a_hf profile should be the proper one for both (it's the « hf », that I read as a shorthand for hardfloat, that made me think so), but now I'm not so sure.

With that 23.0 profile selected, I ran emerge binutils, gcc, glibc, libtool as per the procedure. No errors.

But when, as a last step, I run the emerge --emptytree world, a lot of packages do not compile with the same error during link-edit :

Code:
undefined reference to __cxa_call_terminate

Any idea about what I did wrong ?

In case it's useful, I am cross-compiling stuff through distcc. I rebuilt the cross-compilers (targets cross-armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf and cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi), which are on regular x86_64 computers running the 23.0 profile, but I may have made an error there too.

Thanks.
Sargastic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some added data : when compiling GCC on one of the raspberries, I get lots of errors like :

Code:
/usr/bin/ld: error: build/genmatch uses VFP register arguments, ../build-armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/libcpp/libcpp.a(symtab.o) does not
/usr/bin/ld: failed to merge target specific data of file ../build-armv7a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf/libcpp/libcpp.a(symtab.o)

What is VFP (FP could mean floating point) and could it be related to my problems ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: