View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:53 pm    Post subject: Profile change broke a lot of things [solved] Reply with quote

I was updating and was prompted to update my profile to default/linux/amd64/23.0/desktop/plasma/systemd

I did, updated, and immediately noticed that many pages were not rendered correctly in brave (I use brave-overlay), but chrome was fine. I rebooted, and brave remained borked - many pages were just broken, and unreadable. I sync'd the overlay, and there was no update. I rebuilt brave anyway, and the problems remained.

I also found that steam games were broken... No useful information in logs, just crashes.

I tried revdep-rebuilds, more sync's and updates, a --depclean, and repeat... no dice.

Brave remains broken, and steam crashes. It's only been a couple days over the weekend so I'm not certain what else is broken, but I suspect it goes deeper.

I just changed my profile to default/linux/amd64/23.0/desktop/systemd to see if getting rid of plasma will help. I'm in the middle of a newuse rebuild to see what happens next.

Any pointers? Thanks!

EDIT - alright, so I completed the rebuild after changing profile and removing plasma, logged out and back in, brave is still broken - totally unreadable...
EDIT ^ 2 - I updated again, and a handful of packages were updated in the interim, now Brave is rendering pages just fine. Not sure what was wrong...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: