View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:30 pm    Post subject: kid3 window doesn't display Reply with quote

Have kind of a weird issue with kid3. I use kid3 quite regularly for music tagging, but it suddenly stopped opening today. If I run it in a terminal I see it does run:

Code:
$ kid3
QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "h"
QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "help-all"
QCommandLineParser: already having an option named "v"
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
kf.i18n: KLocalizedString: Using an empty domain, fix the code. msgid: "Your emails" msgid_plural: "" msgctxt: "EMAIL OF TRANSLATORS"
kf.i18n: KLocalizedString: Using an empty domain, fix the code. msgid: "Your names" msgid_plural: "" msgctxt: "NAME OF TRANSLATORS"

but it just hangs at that point and no window is displayed. I did a big system upgrade a couple days ago that included various qt and plasma packages, so I'm guessing that's related, but not sure where to go from here. I've re-emerged kid3, cleared all old app settings and cache, and rebooted for good measure - same result. I don't see anything indicating a problem anywhere that I can think to look, like my xorg-session.log file. There's no newer version to try. I can't find any more verbose output to enable when running it that might give me a clue.

Kind of stuck here. Maybe I'm just running into a compatibility issue with the latest qt/kde libraries, but I'm running stable and don't see any other bug reports indicating a problem like this.

Any ideas what might be happening or what else I can try before reporting upstream? Curious - can anyone else on an up-to-date stable plasma desktop (X11) run kid3 properly?

Edit: Noticed they have a flatpak version. I just tried that and it runs fine... which I would've expected since all of it's libraries are contained. So not really any closer to solving this, but at least I have a backup solution.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: