View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: libreoffice failure! [solved] Reply with quote

Hello folks ...

I get this error whenever I open libreoffice applications regardless, writer, calc, etc, ...
Code:
$ libreoffice --writer --norestore
warn:configmgr:92979:92979:configmgr/source/xcuparser.cxx:901: ignoring modify of unknown set member node "StarOffice XML (Base) Report" in "file:///usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../share/registry/res/fcfg_langpack_en-US.xcd"
warn:configmgr:92979:92979:configmgr/source/xcuparser.cxx:901: ignoring modify of unknown set member node "StarOffice XML (Base) Report Chart" in "file:///usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../share/registry/res/fcfg_langpack_en-US.xcd"
warn:unotools.misc:92979:92979:unotools/source/misc/mediadescriptor.cxx:372: url: 'private:factory/swriter' com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationException message: "No Content Provider available for URL: private:factory/swriter at /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-24.2.4.2-r10/work/libreoffice-24.2.4.2/ucbhelper/source/client/content.cxx:208" eError: (com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationError) NO_CONTENT_PROVIDER
warn:i18nlangtag:92979:92979:i18nlangtag/source/languagetag/languagetag.cxx:1667: LanguageTag::getRegionFromLangtag: pRegionT==NULL for 'hyph-en-US'
warn:i18nlangtag:92979:92979:i18nlangtag/source/languagetag/languagetag.cxx:1435: LanguageTagImpl::convertLocaleToLang: with bAllowOnTheFlyID invalid 'hyph-en-US'
I: /var/tmp/portage/app-text/liblangtag-0.6.7/work/liblangtag-0.6.7/data/common/supplemental/supplementalMetadata.xml
soffice.bin: /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-24.2.4.2-r10/work/libreoffice-24.2.4.2/include/svl/itemset.hxx:65: const SfxPoolItem* SfxPoolItemHolder::getItem() const: Assertion `!isDeleted() && "Destructed instance used (!)"' failed.
Unspecified Application Error

Fatal exception: Signal 6

it happened with 24.2.4.2-r1, then I upgraded overnight and it's still the same case with 24.2.4.2-r10.
Any idea why is it happening, and how to resolve it?

Last edited by Demo on Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
saturnalia0
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an application error. The only result that comes up on Google searching for this assertion is an automatic report by a static analysis tool, and it's not an assertion failure...

If you can confirm that older versions don't have this issue I'd go with a bug report (if true, downgrading would have the added benefit of solving your issue...).

That assertion was added in a 2023 commit but maybe something changed recently that is failing it...
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thought did pass my mind, I just needed a second opinion which I thank you for, because the rebuild would take a few hours.

I'm not sure however why it's complaining about unotools which was used with openoffice.org, and staroffice, where both are very old projects and I don't think either is supported anymore. Doesn't seem like the libreoffice code is very clean!
saturnalia0
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the warning is relevant... If build time is an issue you could try libreoffice-bin or the AppImage from LibreOffice's page. I've grown fond of the latter... That and Firefox are the only packages I prefer to go with the binaries...
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll recompile it overnight and reply back, meanwhile google docs is useful for the purpose ...

Thanks Alia!
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for my late reply!

As an update, I tried to reinstall libreoffice-7.6.7.2, but got halting errors shortly after package configuration.

So I removed libreoffice altogether, and got all the dependencies from the ebuild file, and remerged them, along with libreoffice-24, almost all of them recompiled without any complains except for doxygen, which refused to compile with this persistent error
Code:
FAILED: html/examples/example/html/index.html latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/html/examples/example/html/index.html /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex
cd /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/examples && /usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/html/examples/example && /usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example && /usr/bin/cmake -E env PROJECT_BINARY_DIR=/var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/bin/doxygen example.cfg && /bin/python3.13 /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0/examples/strip_example.py < /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman.tex > /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex
error: configuration file example.cfg not found!
Doxygen version 1.10.0 (GIT-NOTFOUND)

This is the whole log if it helps!
I'm not sure of the reason behind these failures as they don't seem to make sense! Both of them are complaining about text or localization files ...

On the other hand, I found a couple of email threads online talking bout the exact libreoffice error I have but when running it from a virtual environment, and neither offered a clear explanation nor resolution.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2024-01/msg00074.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2023-05/msg00015.html
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
So I removed libreoffice altogether, and got all the dependencies from the ebuild file, and remerged them, along with libreoffice-24, almost all of them recompiled without any complains except for doxygen, which refused to compile with this persistent error
Code:
FAILED: html/examples/example/html/index.html latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/html/examples/example/html/index.html /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex
cd /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/examples && /usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/html/examples/example && /usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example && /usr/bin/cmake -E env PROJECT_BINARY_DIR=/var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/bin/doxygen example.cfg && /bin/python3.13 /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0/examples/strip_example.py < /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman.tex > /var/tmp/portage/app-text/doxygen-1.10.0-r1/work/doxygen-1.10.0_build/latex/examples/example/latex/refman_doc.tex
error: configuration file example.cfg not found!
Doxygen version 1.10.0 (GIT-NOTFOUND)

This is the whole log if it helps!

This portion is Bug 932673. Most likely related to having the doc USE enabled on doxygen. Bugzilla shows many issues setting this USE on app-text/doxygen.

It is not recommended to set the doc USE yourself on any package unless you need extra documentation such as developer information. Useful documentation, like manpages and READMEs, will almost always be included automatically without this USE.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demo wrote:
I get this error whenever I open libreoffice applications regardless, writer, calc, etc, ...
Code:
$ libreoffice --writer --norestore
warn:configmgr:92979:92979:configmgr/source/xcuparser.cxx:901: ignoring modify of unknown set member node "StarOffice XML (Base) Report" in "file:///usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../share/registry/res/fcfg_langpack_en-US.xcd"
warn:configmgr:92979:92979:configmgr/source/xcuparser.cxx:901: ignoring modify of unknown set member node "StarOffice XML (Base) Report Chart" in "file:///usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/../share/registry/res/fcfg_langpack_en-US.xcd"
warn:unotools.misc:92979:92979:unotools/source/misc/mediadescriptor.cxx:372: url: 'private:factory/swriter' com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationException message: "No Content Provider available for URL: private:factory/swriter at /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-24.2.4.2-r10/work/libreoffice-24.2.4.2/ucbhelper/source/client/content.cxx:208" eError: (com.sun.star.ucb.ContentCreationError) NO_CONTENT_PROVIDER
warn:i18nlangtag:92979:92979:i18nlangtag/source/languagetag/languagetag.cxx:1667: LanguageTag::getRegionFromLangtag: pRegionT==NULL for 'hyph-en-US'
warn:i18nlangtag:92979:92979:i18nlangtag/source/languagetag/languagetag.cxx:1435: LanguageTagImpl::convertLocaleToLang: with bAllowOnTheFlyID invalid 'hyph-en-US'
I: /var/tmp/portage/app-text/liblangtag-0.6.7/work/liblangtag-0.6.7/data/common/supplemental/supplementalMetadata.xml
soffice.bin: /var/tmp/portage/app-office/libreoffice-24.2.4.2-r10/work/libreoffice-24.2.4.2/include/svl/itemset.hxx:65: const SfxPoolItem* SfxPoolItemHolder::getItem() const: Assertion `!isDeleted() && "Destructed instance used (!)"' failed.
Unspecified Application Error

Fatal exception: Signal 6

it happened with 24.2.4.2-r1, then I upgraded overnight and it's still the same case with 24.2.4.2-r10.
Any idea why is it happening, and how to resolve it?

Don't set the debug USE on libreoffice. From your other post, it looks as if you have this in make.conf or for all packages.
This is generally a bad idea unless you are trying to actively debug a package and should be set per package as needed.
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't set the debug USE on libreoffice

I'll unset it and recompile, then reply back!
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is generally a bad idea

I guess you're right about this with libreoffice-24. The 7 branch worked fine however, which didn't give me any clue about what's going on, and after that it's now refusing to compile without clear information so as to why.

Anyways! Yes the debug flag is set globally along with the test flag as well. Right now there's 20 something packages that misbehave with the test flag set up, and 3 packages with debug, namely, pam, nano, and latest libreoffice.

With that said, doxygen still doesn't compile whether debug/test are setup or not. I'll mark this one as resolved however ...

Thanks
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USE=debug isn't for debug information, it's for controlling asserts or other special debugging behaviour. You should only use it if you have a specific reason to and on a per-package basis.

As for tests, please use FEATURES=test per-package, not USE=test.
Demo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sam
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: