Computer seems to hardware reset while using Ollama
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leyvi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Computer seems to hardware reset while using Ollama Reply with quote

Hello Gentoo community.
I've been having issues getting things like `hip` and `ROCm` running recently (see the "Portage and Programming" sub-forum).
However, today I tried changing some things with use flags and somehow managed to get the necessary dependencies for `dev-ml/ollama::guru` to run models on my RX 7600.
Only it hasn't been working as expected.
While running `llama3`, shorter prompts seem to do fine. Once the prompt exceeds about 1 line though, my computer will reset, as if I had shorted the reset pins on my motherboard.
This is very strange.
I've looked at a bunch of different logs in `/var/log/` like `syslog` and `kern.log`, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
I considered the possibility of an insufficient power supply (really strange, since I bought a power supply that provides almost 300W more than my setup needs, for simple upgrades and quiet),
but I use this computer for gaming too, and that's never done anything like this.

I'm very lost, could someone please help me figure out what's wrong with my computer?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: