SOLVED-Packges not being installed due to dependecy conflict
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject: SOLVED-Packges not being installed due to dependecy conflict Reply with quote

It seems as though I cannot update the package dev-libs/boost from version 1.84.0-r3 to 1.85.0-r1:

Code:
*  dev-libs/boost
      Latest version available: 1.85.0-r1
      Latest version installed: 1.84.0-r3
      Size of files: 121,109 KiB
      Homepage:      https://www.boost.org/
      Description:   Boost Libraries for C++
      License:       Boost-1.0

When I try to upgrade it with the following command:

Code:
emerge --ask --verbose --update --deep --newuse --with-bdeps=y @world

I end up getting this error:

Code:
WARNING: One or more updates/rebuilds have been skipped due to a dependency conflict:

dev-libs/boost:0

(dev-libs/boost-1.85.0-r1:0/1.85.0.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="bzip2 context nls stacktrace zlib -debug -doc -icu -lzma -mpi -numpy -python -tools -zstd" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11" conflicts with
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0= required by (dev-libs/libixion-0.19.0:0/0.18::gentoo, installed) USE="-debug -python" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0=[zlib(+)] required by (dev-libs/liborcus-0.19.2:0/0.18::gentoo, installed) USE="spreadsheet-model -python -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0 required by (app-office/libreoffice-bin-7.6.4.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-gnome -java -kde" ABI_X86="(64)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11"
                  ^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0= required by (dev-cpp/libcmis-0.6.2:0/0.6::gentoo, installed) USE="-man -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0= required by (net-libs/libtorrent-rasterbar-2.0.10:0/2.0::gentoo, installed) USE="dht ssl -debug -examples -gnutls -python -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_12 -python3_10 -python3_11"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0= required by (dev-util/mdds-2.1.1:1/2.1::gentoo, installed) USE="openmp -doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^
    dev-libs/boost:0/1.84.0=[nls] required by (app-office/libreoffice-bin-7.6.4.1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-gnome -java -kde" ABI_X86="(64)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="sse2" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_11"
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

(Btw how do I mark those commands in green? I keep hitting the "Code" button up top but it seems to do nothing? I'm a noob so please do assist me, thank you!)

[Administrator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]

Last edited by hwix on Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bstaletic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

libreoffice-bin was built with boost 1.84 so it will expect 1.84. This one is a true blocker.
The other packages should work with boost 1.85.

You could try switching to libreoffice compiled from source.

hwix wrote:
(Btw how do I mark those commands in green? I keep hitting the "Code" button up top but it seems to do nothing? I'm a noob so please do assist me, thank you!)

Select text, then click a tag. Also green text needs a color tag. The code tag makes text monospaced.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that this is not a blocker, just an informative message that this particular update is being skipped until the installed dependency is available in a compatible version.
hwix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bstaletic wrote:
libreoffice-bin was built with boost 1.84 so it will expect 1.84. This one is a true blocker.
The other packages should work with boost 1.85.

You could try switching to libreoffice compiled from source.

hwix wrote:

Select text, then click a tag. Also green text needs a color tag. The code tag makes text monospaced.

Thank you for letting me know that, everything is now working smoothly. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: