Newer version of nwg-dock-hyprland needed. [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blucybrb14de
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:23 am    Post subject: Newer version of nwg-dock-hyprland needed. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm having trouble with an older version of nwg-dock-hyprland working correctly, after hyprland migrated to using gui-libs/aquamarine. Currently I am using the live version of hyprland, as I am not able to get any other version compiled on my llvm profile due to using libcxx with clang 18.

After looking at the github page, it appears that there was a newer version released here: https://github.com/nwg-piotr/nwg-dock-hyprland/releases/tag/v0.2.2. Which seems to have a fix the issue, that I was dealing with, it seems as if this has not yet been ported over to guru yet.

Unfortunately, I would create a pull request, however all attempts at creating a ebuild that works has been not going well, as I suck at writing ebuilds. I would appreciate any help to help port this over, as it is an annoying bug.

Last edited by blucybrb14de on Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums.

Generally, you will get better help if you give us a specific problem to solve, and what you have tried so far. As applied to this case, we do not know what ebuild you started with (you provided no link to it, nor specific instructions to get it), what you tried to change in it, or how it failed to achieve your desired goal (whether Portage refused to use the ebuild, used it but aborted before completing, or ran to completion and did not produce a fixed version of the program). If you want help, I suggest that you link to the ebuild that you used as a baseline, use a pastebin to show your modified ebuild, and a pastebin to show us what happened when you tried to use the modified version.
blucybrb14de
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject: Newer version of nwg-dock-hyprland needed. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hello,

After contacting the maintainer of nwg-dock-hyprland, he suggested the following steps to the ebuild:

Quote:
Hi,

I just pushed bumbs for the whole bundle of nwg packages (including nwg-dock-hyprland) to the dev branch. They should be available in master by tomorrow.

About that ebuild, idk what your troubles are. There’s the program get-ego-vendor, I run that in the projects repository. It spits out the EGO_SUM value for the ebuild. All do to bump a simple go package is
- pull the project git repo
- checkout the Tag that is to be become the version for the ebuild
- run get-ego-vendor
- make a copy of an existing ebuild and rename it to the new version
- copy what get-ego-vendor spits out into the new ebuilds EGO_SUM
- run ebuild digest clean merge to test it out

Regards

The problem was the EGO_SUM entries for the ebuild were simply incorrect versions.
Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: