View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lars_the_bear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:04 am    Post subject: Xfce4 ALSA volume control 100% CPU Reply with quote

Hi folks

I appreciate that this is a long shot, but I wondered whether anybody else had seen this.

I'm using Xfce4. Every so often the Xfce4 ALSA volume control plug-in shoots up to using 100% CPU. According to `ps`, the offending process is:

Code:

/usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/wrapper-2.0 /usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins/libalsa.so 7 25165838 alsa ALSA Volume Control Adjust ALSA volume levels

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to these incidents, and the situation never corrects itself once it starts.

I've seen bug reports of similar behaviour -- from at least ten years ago. I can't see anything more recent than this.

I appreciate that this isn't an Xfce4 forum, and I can live without a volume slider if I have to. But it would be nice to clear it up.

BR, Lars.
lars_the_bear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I've discovered that this problem arises when I unplug and replug my USB DAC. It's 100% reproducible in that situation.

BR, Lars.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: