Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
libvirt failing to build on two machines.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayDude
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: libvirt failing to build on two machines. Reply with quote

google has not been my friend.

Code:
 * Fixing shebang in ./subprojects/keycodemapdb/tools/keymap-gen.
 * Fixing shebang in ./src/cpu_map/sync_qemu_models_i386.py.
 * Fixing shebang in ./src/cpu_map/sync_qemu_features_i386.py.
meson setup -Db_lto=false --libdir lib64 --localstatedir /var/lib --prefix /usr --sysconfdir /etc --wrap-mode nodownload --build.pkg-config-path /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/python3.12/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig --pkg-config-path /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/python3.12/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig --native-file /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/meson.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.amd64.ini -Db_pch=false -Dwerror=false -Dbuildtype=plain --native-file /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/meson.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.ini.local -Dapparmor=disabled -Dapparmor_profiles=disabled -Daudit=disabled -Dcapng=enabled -Ddtrace=disabled -Dfirewalld=disabled -Dfuse=enabled -Dglusterfs=disabled -Dstorage_gluster=disabled -Dstorage_iscsi=disabled -Dstorage_iscsi_direct=disabled -Ddriver_libvirtd=enabled -Dlibssh=disabled -Dlibssh2=disabled -Dstorage_lvm=disabled -Dstorage_mpath=disabled -Ddriver_lxc=disabled -Dnbdkit=disabled -Dnls=enabled -Dnumactl=disabled -Dnumad=disabled -Ddriver_openvz=disabled -Dstorage_disk=disabled -Dlibpcap=disabled -Dpolkit=enabled -Ddriver_qemu=enabled -Dyajl=enabled -Dstorage_rbd=disabled -Dsasl=enabled -Dselinux=disabled -Dtests=disabled -Dudev=enabled -Ddriver_network=enabled -Ddriver_vbox=disabled -Dwireshark_dissector=disabled -Ddriver_libxl=disabled -Dstorage_zfs=disabled -Dnetcf=disabled -Dsanlock=disabled -Dopenwsman=disabled -Ddriver_esx=enabled -Dinit_script=systemd -Dqemu_user=qemu -Dqemu_group=qemu -Ddriver_remote=enabled -Dstorage_fs=enabled -Ddriver_vmware=enabled --localstatedir=/var -Dinitconfdir=/etc/systemd -Drunstatedir=/run -Ddocdir=/usr/share/doc/libvirt-10.6.0 /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/work/libvirt-10.6.0 /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/work/libvirt-10.6.0-build
Could not find any valid candidate for native files: /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/meson.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.ini.local

ERROR: Cannot find specified native file: /var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/meson.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.ini.local
 * ERROR: app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0::gentoo failed (configure phase):
 *   configure failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  136:  Called src_configure
 *   environment, line 3639:  Called meson_src_configure
 *   environment, line 2628:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       [[ ${rv} -eq 0 ]] || die -n "configure failed";
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/work/libvirt-10.6.0'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/libvirt-10.6.0/work/libvirt-10.6.0'

I tried installing both 10.3 and 10.6. The only thing I found on google was a different package that uses meson having a similar problem that they fixed by changing some code.

It's all 'zing' over my head.

Has anyone else seen this?
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really strange that such a file doesn't exist as it should be created just before:
Code:
        # Workaround for bug #938302
        if use dtrace && ! has_version "dev-debug/systemtap[dtrace-symlink(-)]" ; then
                local native_file="${T}"/meson.${CHOST}.ini.local
                cat >> ${native_file} <<-EOF || die
                [binaries]
                dtrace='stap-dtrace'
                EOF
                emesonargs+=( --native-file "${native_file}" )
        fi

A workaround is to disable dtrace USE on app-emulation/libvirt (or enable dtrace-symlink USE on dev-debug/systemtap-5.1-r1)
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the snippet that grknight cites is very recent. I think it was added in 18fda4c85c988491f1e33fecf2b475fe02c12f6a, dated 2024-08-31. Perhaps OP is using a tree that predates that snippet. If we had the output of emerge --info, we could check that. As I read that commit, the previous version would have unconditionally passed this flag, but only conditionally created the file.
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
It looks like the snippet that grknight cites is very recent. I think it was added in 18fda4c85c988491f1e33fecf2b475fe02c12f6a, dated 2024-08-31. Perhaps OP is using a tree that predates that snippet. If we had the output of emerge --info, we could check that. As I read that commit, the previous version would have unconditionally passed this flag, but only conditionally created the file.

Yes, this looks to be a recent fix from the previous day. Resync and try again.
RayDude
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

NEVERMIND! Apparently I didn't do the emerge --sync in the right console!

My server is fixed, and the sync is happening on my laptop.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: