View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam_
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
dmpogo wrote:
As an example, updating to KDE6

When you say "KDE6", how do KF5-based packages part of KDE Gear 24.05.2 (and even still in 24.08.0) fit into the picture for you?

dmpogo wrote:
I noticed that I got lapack/numpy coming out of nowhere. What caused it is appearance of opencv, 255 MB package. Which is required by .... a single program kde-apps/spectacle that makes screenshots!

I think opencv can be slimmed down quite a bit. If you e.g. have lapack and numpy as a result pulled in, then that is a function of having USE="lapack python" enabled on that package, which is not required for spectacle. I'm surprised you didn't look into that, first thing.

I believe negril is interested in trying to improve the defaults but hasn't got to it yet. I find the OpenCV dep unfortunate too.
cz0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since sddm updater recently, I would also add
Code:

>x11-misc/sddm-0.21.0_p20240723

To that list to prevent qt6 stuff sneaking in as sddm dep.
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam_ wrote:
asturm wrote:
dmpogo wrote:
As an example, updating to KDE6

When you say "KDE6", how do KF5-based packages part of KDE Gear 24.05.2 (and even still in 24.08.0) fit into the picture for you?

dmpogo wrote:
I noticed that I got lapack/numpy coming out of nowhere. What caused it is appearance of opencv, 255 MB package. Which is required by .... a single program kde-apps/spectacle that makes screenshots!

I think opencv can be slimmed down quite a bit. If you e.g. have lapack and numpy as a result pulled in, then that is a function of having USE="lapack python" enabled on that package, which is not required for spectacle. I'm surprised you didn't look into that, first thing.

I believe negril is interested in trying to improve the defaults but hasn't got to it yet. I find the OpenCV dep unfortunate too.

I looked at the code very quickly (10 min). I do not know C++, but basically OpenCV is used for Gaussian blurring of something (to be more exact, Gaussian or Stack blurring). They do by hand box blurring, but I guess decided to do a bit better :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: