[slvd]initrd.target not present on host, dracut initrd hangs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AprilGrimoire
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2024 10:32 pm    Post subject: [slvd]initrd.target not present on host, dracut initrd hangs Reply with quote

Hi! :D Here are some backgrounds explaining why I want initrd.target on my system, which can be skipped for uninterested users. I'm using a LVM on LUKS scheme, spanning over two disks. I was using dracut, which has been working fine. However, since I have one LUKS partition on each disk, originally I need to type in the same passphrase twice. Since systemd-cryptsetup has a passphrase caching feature, I want to switch to using systemd-cryptsetup on dracut. However, the generated initrd won't work, as seen in this image. But when I used dracut on another Ubuntu installation in a portable drive with the same config to generate initrd, it worked fine. After investigating, I found the Ubuntu installation has a initrd.target in the host system (NOT initrd), but my Gentoo installation doesn't. And ChatGPT suggested that dracut copies such files from the host system, and I guess maybe that's the reason Gentoo's dracut won't work.

Anyway, now I wonder how can I get initrd.target on my Gentoo system? I've checked use flags for systemd and didn't find related items.

Any clues :?: Thanks :D

EDIT: solved. See https://github.com/dracut-ng/dracut-ng/issues/645
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: