Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE6 wayland generel problems (win pos. not saved, apps, ..)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corbit
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject: KDE6 wayland generel problems (win pos. not saved, apps, ..) Reply with quote

Hi,

first, I like the changes with wayland, especially the initial scaling teached my, how better a scaled screen is for my eyes ;).
From time to time I switch back to an X11 session, because of many observed things that do not work (list is growing) properly.

- App redshift: The application is autostarted but does not show in the taskbar, under wayland not needed with its internal night-light mode, but redshift does the transition smoother
- nightmode does not work, because the location services aren't working
- the window positions of applications are not saved
- App KeePassXC autotype is not available and sometimes the TOTP copy by pressing the keyboard shortcut deactivates while using the app
- App SimpleScreenRecorder: seems nearly unusable with wayland
- Animations: it looks like some animations are chained, like squeeze a window to taskbar shows another animation again, after the first one has finished. Like an overlap. Also in Firefox the context menu has the systems default animation for context menus.
- In x11 session, global scaling does not affect every application, only firefox by now. on wayland it does with others like weechat, telegram-desktop, etc.

Anyone is having similar issues?

Thank you and keep it up.
logrusx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corbit wrote:

- nightmode does not work, because the location services aren't working

There was a similar issue with gnome solved by temporarily enabling the location service. Once your location is cashed it stared working. I don't know what's the reason not to allow the user to configure it. Maybe after all they want you to leak your location.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: