What happened to bugzilla votes?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimosinnet
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:18 pm    Post subject: What happened to bugzilla votes? Reply with quote

I have been notified that "Some or all of your votes have been removed". I have looked at Bugzilla documentation and queried for bugs with at least one vote, and found that none of the bugs have any vote.

Therefore, I assume this feature has been removed from Gentoo Bugzilla and wonder if you have additional information on this issue.

Thanks!
Ionen
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Votes isn't something developers were using as a reference for anything and the feature being available just gave the wrong impression that it meant something.

Upon some users raising questions about votes, we decided it was just time to drop it. I don't think anyone realized it would send a not really important mail to every users that had votes while turning it off though, sorry about that.

Edit: Rather than votes, lot of different users adding themselves in CC and/or commenting is more something we take notice of when it comes to importance/urgency -- not that this means bugs will be ignored if nobody does that, or that doing it will let a bug get attention when a package is without an active maintainer to do so (albeit someone else may step in if it gets out of hand).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: