Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
eix doubt, what does ^t after the version mean?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockman8
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:13 pm    Post subject: eix doubt, what does ^t after the version mean? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I run
Code:
eix vagrant

[I] app-emulation/vagrant
     Available versions:  (~)2.4.0-r1^t (~)2.4.1^t {test RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31 ruby32 ruby33"}
     Installed versions:  2.4.1^t(12:42:23 PM 08/30/2024)(-test RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31 ruby32 -ruby33")
     Homepage:            https://vagrantup.com/
     Description:         A tool for building and distributing development environments

[I] dev-ruby/vagrant_cloud
     Available versions:  (~)3.1.1^t (~)3.1.1-r1^t {doc test RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31 ruby32 ruby33"}
     Installed versions:  3.1.1-r1^t(02:43:52 PM 09/02/2024)(-doc -test RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31 ruby32 -ruby33")
     Homepage:            https://github.com/hashicorp/vagrant_cloud
     Description:         Vagrant Cloud API Library

what does ^t mean?
Is there anywhere I can refer to?

Thanks for your attention.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the manual page man eix, section OUTPUT, this indicates the package has RESTRICT=test.
Rockman8
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it, thanks

It was in plain sight, sorry for the trouble, tried using ^ instead of ˆ and all those letters cluttered together made me miss the whole thing.

Code:

1.0*ilvsˆfmpbstuidP{tbz2,gpkg:3,pak:2}
              This is version 1.0 which is subject to PROPERTIES="interactive live virtual set" as well as RESTRICT="fetch mirror primaryuri binchecks strip test userpriv installsources bindist  parallel"  Moreover,  a  *.tbz2,  three *.gpkg.tar, and two *.xpak files (binary packages without or with FEATURES=binpkg-multi-instance or BINPKG_FORMAT=gpkg, respectively) exist for that version in PKGDIR.

5.0-r3(5.0R3)ˆf     or     5.0-r3:5.0R3ˆf
              This is version 5.0-r3 which will be installed into SLOT 5.0R3 and has fetch restrictions.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize. This is a hard one to find via text search, so I pointed you to the section instead of just citing a search term. When I was preparing my first reply, I knew what I was looking for (that ^t means RESTRICT=test), but to find the citation, I still had to resort to reading the manual page, because search wasn't working well. Searching for test would technically find it, but there were so many other hits for test in other parts of the text that finding it via search was tedious.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: