Can't suspend
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delacemane
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:24 am    Post subject: Can't suspend Reply with quote

Hello Gentoo forum, after updating my system, it cant suspend anymore. s2idle hangs pc on, triggering wake doesn't really wake it up, however if I press power button it shutdowns(without anything on monitor). s2mem doesn't work at all, system wakes instantly. s2disk works fine.
Happens on kernels 6.11.0 (gentoo-sources) and 6.10.11 (gentoo-kernel) (I don't have other kernels on Gentoo)
Suspend is working fine on my second drive with endeavourOS and kernel 6.9.7
Some hardware info: motherplate: tuf gaming x670e plus wifi, cpu: ryzen 7 7700x, gpu: radeon rx7600.
I was trying to get some logs of s2idle by doing 'echo "freeze" > /sys/power/state && dmesg > /root/kernel-log' and it ends on "The system will suspend now!"
Delacemane
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realised dmesg was running just after echo, so making it sleep gave me some logs, thats what happens after triggering s2idle: https://bpa.st/WKIZ5RI7VJQLAW3LPDGKWK6C6I
musv
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After updating to 6.11 I guess I have the same problem.

I can suspend the system:

[code]Sep 29 11:34:58 nixe systemd-logind[849]: The system will suspend now!
Sep 29 11:34:58 nixe systemd[1]: Reached target Sleep.
Sep 29 11:34:58 nixe systemd[1]: Starting System Suspend...
Sep 29 11:34:58 nixe systemd-sleep[6653]: Performing sleep operation 'suspend'[/quote]

I can wake up the system. I see the desktop. But the systems remains in a freezed state, no mouse or keyboard input possible. Even can't switch to TTY.

Something strange:
At least SysRQ seems to work. With Alt+Print+b the computer reboots.

No problems at all with 6.10.
logrusx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ALT+PrtScr+R to release the keyboard from raw mode, then try to switch to a TTY. You won't see anything but after some attempts you'll be able to log in blindly and issue a reboot.

They "fixed" something that broke S3 sleep and S2idle for amdgpu. I haven't been able to trace it back to the problematic commit but it has been a long time ago. Maybe at least a year. And they have been continuing to "fix" it.

I thought I had traced it back to 6.1.92 but prior to that it just intermittently breaks, that's why I got confused. There were a lot of compilations and reboots involved so I don't feel like doing it more to trace the problematic "fix".

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: