Nvidia modules and kernel versions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmprior
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject: Nvidia modules and kernel versions Reply with quote

Hi
Can anyone tell me if I can uninstall the NVidia module for a specific kernel version whilst retaining it for other kernel versions?
I am having problems using Wayland with the Nvidia drivers (works fine with X11) and want to see if the Nouveau driver can work for Wayland. I'd like to try this without losing a working kernel version if possible. I'm guessing I'll have to play with the blacklist options in modules.conf as well.
I've attempted to follow the wiki for having both drivers installed at the same time and switching between them using grub options but this didn't seem to work - I ended up having Nvidia running in every case, with nouveau as well at times - which caused all sorts of problems.
System is x86_64, nvidia 470. version due to age of graphics card. Have just installed the latest stable kernel.
kde plasma latest stable version

Thanks

Chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: