How to hibernate when I close the lid
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrey Grozin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject: How to hibernate when I close the lid Reply with quote

I've bought a new notebook (asus vivobook) and installed gentoo. I want the system to hibernate when I close the lid. I've installed hibernate-scripts; when I do (as root)
Code:
hibernate

it hibernates fine, when I switch it on again, everything is restored. But I want to be able to do it quickly, without su and typing the root password, just by closing the lid. I've edited /etc/elogind/logind.conf to contain
Code:
HandleLidSwitch=hibernate
HandleLidSwitchExternalPower=hibernate

But this does not work: when I close the lid, the notebook continues to work. Is it possible to instruct elogind to call /usr/bin/hibernate when I close the lid?
Ralphred
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: How to hibernate when I close the lid Reply with quote

Andrey Grozin wrote:
Is it possible to instruct elogind to call /usr/bin/hibernate when I close the lid?
Yeah, if you look up the "Hook Directories" section in man loginctl you can put scripts to be run on "system-sleep" in there. It's worth checking if loginctl hibernate works first though, if it does it could indicate elogind isn't seeing the lid close event at all.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: