Error when installing composer package JWT
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taigo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject: Error when installing composer package JWT Reply with quote

I am trying to get into Symfony and then i wanted to install JWT but then i keep getting this error message
Code:

./composer.json has been updated
Running composer update lexik/jwt-authentication-bundle
Loading composer repositories with package information
Restricting packages listed in "symfony/symfony" to "7.1.*"
Updating dependencies

In Problem.php line 652:

[TypeError]
  substr(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, null given

Exception trace:
  at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:652
 substr() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:652
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Problem::Composer\DependencyResolver\{closure}() at n/a:n/a
 array_map() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:651
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Problem::getProvidersList() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:281
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Problem::getMissingPackageReason() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Rule.php:324
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Rule->getPrettyString() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:168
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Problem::formatDeduplicatedRules() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:111
 Composer\DependencyResolver\Problem->getPrettyString() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/SolverProblemsException.php:52
 Composer\DependencyResolver\SolverProblemsException->getPrettyString() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Installer.php:513
 Composer\Installer->doUpdate() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Installer.php:298
 Composer\Installer->run() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Command/RequireCommand.php:498
 Composer\Command\RequireCommand->doUpdate() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Command/RequireCommand.php:340
 Composer\Command\RequireCommand->execute() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php:298
 Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:1040
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:301
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Console/Application.php:407
 Composer\Console\Application->doRun() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php:171
 Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/Console/Application.php:147
 Composer\Console\Application->run() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/bin/composer:93
 require() at /usr/share/composer/bin/composer:29

require [--dev] [--dry-run] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--prefer-install PREFER-INSTALL] [--fixed] [--no-suggest] [--no-progress] [--no-update] [--no-install] [--no-audit] [--audit-format AUDIT-FORMAT] [--update-no-dev] [-w|--update-with-dependencies] [-W|--update-with-all-dependencies] [--with-dependencies] [--with-all-dependencies] [--ignore-platform-req IGNORE-PLATFORM-REQ] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [-m|--minimal-changes] [--sort-packages] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--apcu-autoloader-prefix APCU-AUTOLOADER-PREFIX] [--] [<packages>...]

I already tried installing PHP 8.3 (which on Gentoo is in testing now) and updating composer.
Taigo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention my friend who uses Linux mint worked me through the Symfony install process and it worked on his machine, he only has a slighly older PHP version but still 8.3
Banana

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it works on the other machine, compare the versions of "everything". Like php (you did that already), symphony and the JWT itself.

PFL - Portage file list - find which package a file or command belongs to.
My delta-labs.org snippets do expire
grknight
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taigo wrote:
I am trying to get into Symfony and then i wanted to install JWT but then i keep getting this error message
Code:

In Problem.php line 652:

[TypeError]
  substr(): Argument #1 ($string) must be of type string, null given

Exception trace:
  at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:652
 substr() at phar:///usr/share/composer/bin/composer/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Problem.php:652

The composer version used is not compatible with the installed PHP when there is a missing description. This was recently fixed upstream and is likely to be fixed in the next composer.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: