Does not fit into framebuffer
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornfed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Does not fit into framebuffer Reply with quote

I've been playing with bootsplash and it's working. But I'm trying to get the progress bar / silent mode to work. I looked at /etc/bootsplash/default/config/bootsplash-1280x1024.cfg and all the options seem to be configured correctly. However, when I boot I find this message:

Quote:
vesafb: framebuffer at 0xe8000000, mapped to 0xe0814000, size 2560k
Looking for splash picture.... silenjpeg size 75071 bytes, does not fit into framebuffer.

I figured the .jpg was too large so I tried to switch it with the 1024x768 one. And this time I get:
Quote:
Looking for splash picture.... silenjpeg size 21768 bytes, does not fit into framebuffer.
Looking for splash picture.... silenjpeg size 21768 bytes, does not fit into framebuffer.

Not sure why it does it so many times. I've poured through the bootsplash threads but very few seem to be using the silent option. I'm a frequent traveller and like to fire up the laptop while I wait for the plane to board. I want a big 'ol linux logo to be there while curious onlookers peer over. I'd REALLY like the picture of Tux with the flyswatter. Anyone know where I can find that?
xoomix
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: what kernel? Reply with quote

What sources are you running? Gentoo sources? Vanilla? I remember a thread way back about having to patch the Gentoo sources specifically to allow the framebuffer image to fit.
Cornfed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

Gentoo-sources. I'll double check the framebuffer - bootsplash thread and see if I missed that step. I most likely did. Thanks for the tip.
grzewho
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silent bootsplash doesn`t work with gentoo 2.4... sources

try different kernel (gaming, or ck, or even 2.6)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: