View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvc
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: multiple graphical environment in kde Reply with quote

hi,

I have a laptop connected to an external 19" monitor. When I use the laptop alone, I like to see things in 1024x768, when I use it with the external monitor I like to see it in 1280x1024.
When in 1280x1024, things look quite small to me, so I have to increase font size and other things all over kde control center. You may be wondering why don't I just use 1024x768 also with the external monitor and the reason is that in my external monitor a large font in 1280x1024 seems to look a lot better than a medium font in 1024x768.
So my question is if anyone knows how to create and use to kde profiles with all this font information so I can just pick one to automatically change all things accordingly.

I think I'll take the chance to make another question: Why is kde not changing "screens" as defined in the XF86Config file when I do Ctrl+Alt+"+"?

thanks
Marco
hook
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctrl+alt+"numpad+"/"numpad-" work for me in KDE

there's a possibility to do what you want ...if convience XF96Config that you have two different monitors, one at 1280x1024, the other at 1024x768 ...it could work, theoretically, if you just added another monitor section.

you might want to read the documentation on http:/www.xfree86.org

(deep inside i'm still a tux's little helper)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: