View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodwizzle
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Openbox Desktop Actions Reply with quote

I'm using Openbox3.1 There are lots of keybindings and mousebinding etc that call actions such as DesktopLeft and DesktopRight. I'm also running Pypanel, and there are quite a few actions associated with the desktop number that also call those actions. Previously I had replaced akk the DesktopLeft actions with call 3ddesk --gotoleft and likewise for DesktopRight. When I installed PyPanel I had to do the same. It would be much easier for me to just change what the DesktopLeft and Right actions do. Is there anyway I can make it so everytime those actions are called my 3ddesk commands run instead? That way when I install new software that might call those commands (suck as pypanel) I don't have to reconfigure it all over? I can't find anywhere in the openbox docs, rc.xml or menu.xml that would overwrite the actions. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks,
Woodwizzle
dice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked at the OpenBox code, but if it's still like the Blackbox code was you'd have to edit the source code that handles that particular event and have it execute a command instead of running its normal routine then recompile.
woodwizzle
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid of that. Oh well, at least I can still just replace every instance of it in my config files with the command. Just a little tedium :(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: