Gauging Need for Raid/Floppy Install Howto
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purple_pig
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Gauging Need for Raid/Floppy Install Howto Reply with quote

I recently aquired a box from work that I populated with 4 6.3gb hard drives with the intention of turning it into a Raid 0 file server. However I ran into a couple of problems, firstly I couldn't run a CDROM at the sametime due to the limits of the motherboard (i.e only 4 ide channels). So I dug around to find that you can indeed install gentoo using a bootdisk, but nowhere was there any info on doing the same but with the intentions of setting up raid. There is a HOWTO on setting up RAID 0, but no FLOPPY HOWTO.

Anyway the point of this post is to find out if such a HOWTO would be useful, I managed to get gentoo to install using RAID booting from Floppy Only with no need for a CD.

Post your comments here and if I received favorable feedback i'll construct a howto.
ectospasm
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Gauging Need for Raid/Floppy Install Howto Reply with quote

purple_pig wrote:
Post your comments here and if I received favorable feedback i'll construct a howto.

It never hurts to have too many HOWTOs. I can think of several instances where I might want to install Gentoo strictly from floppy, and I can't even begin to think of a way to do it.

You've got at least one vote from me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: