Problems /w Aironet 350 and Powerbook 15"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feliperal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Problems /w Aironet 350 and Powerbook 15" Reply with quote

I am having a hell of a time trying to get my Aironet 350 PCMCIA card working with a 2.6 kernel on my 1.25 ghz Powerbook 15". I compiled PCMCIA support as a module and the aironet drivers. I also have hotplug and compiled usb-utils.

i also compilled the most recent pcmci-cs, I believe 3.2.25. When it boots, it can not detect my card and tries to load memory_cs drivers.

doing a cardctl info does not list any id code or product name.

Id appreciate any help.
feliperal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still can't get this card to work :( I tried to to downgrade to 4.2.23 radio firmware and, also, used the 4.2.30. pcmcia-cs is still insisting on identifying the card as anonymous memory and loads memory_cs module.

When I do a cardctl info, the manfid is listed as 0000x0000 and there is not Product ID, ie Cisco Aironet 350 card.

I even did like some people suggested in the forums to enable ISA support in the kernel. I doubt this is the problem because there is not ISA support on powerbooks.
I tried downloading the binaries from Cisco's site, but they refuse to run under Linux PPC. I assume that they only run on x86, @#$!

I am puzzled as to why it doesn't work and have tried just about everything. Please, someone help me.
feliperal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help, I am about to go kamakazi on the Cisco card and by an Orinico. I thought Cisco would work when I bought the card.

Thanks
treke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feliperal wrote:
Still can't get this card to work :( I tried to to downgrade to 4.2.23 radio firmware and, also, used the 4.2.30. pcmcia-cs is still insisting on identifying the card as anonymous memory and loads memory_cs module.

When I do a cardctl info, the manfid is listed as 0000x0000 and there is not Product ID, ie Cisco Aironet 350 card.

I even did like some people suggested in the forums to enable ISA support in the kernel. I doubt this is the problem because there is not ISA support on powerbooks.

Well PCMCIA cards use some of the isa code. PCMCIA is the old 16bit bus, Cardbus is the 32bit one. The issue here is with the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts settings. I've been able to get linux to identify my card ( and one of my two happens to be an aironet 350), but it can't allocate the proper resources.

include port 0x1000-0x10ff
include port 0x1400-0x14ff
include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff
feliperal
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you could post the section in your config.opts that I need to input to at least get it recognized, I'd appreciate it. Also, what firmware are you using? Did you try downgrading the firmware. I heard that some firmwares don't work with the linux drivers.

Thanks very much,
Felipe
treke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feliperal wrote:
if you could post the section in your config.opts that I need to input to at least get it recognized, I'd appreciate it. Also, what firmware are you using? Did you try downgrading the firmware. I heard that some firmwares don't work with the linux drivers.

Thanks very much,
Felipe

Read the bottom of my previous post :p

include port 0x1000-0x10ff
include port 0x1400-0x14ff
include memory 0x80000000-0x80ffffff

I haven't tried downgrading the firmware since this isn't a problem specific to the aironet card.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: