Cups problem, Unable to bind socket:
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoda34
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Cups problem, Unable to bind socket: Reply with quote

I am having a problem printing with Cups. I have a printserver and samba running. I can print fine over my wireless network from my windows machine using samba. However when I try to print from my linux laptop it gives me an error. After some experimenting I have found that in the cupsd.conf file if I set
Listen to anything other than 127.0.0.1 then I get a
Unable to bind socket: unable to assign address in the cups error log. There is no firewall or anything on this machine and it is all on my internal network. I can post my cupsd.conf file if I need to. Does anyone have any ideas?
ozukir@
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you go ahead and post your network settings from cupsd.conf. The whole thing shouldn't be necessary.

When you print from linux you mention an error message. I would assume this is on the laptop, but please specify where and what message.

Under the previous configuration (where samba printing works) what ports and addresses does netstat indicate that cups is listening on?
yoda34
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working. Took the windows approach and simply reemerged cups. Works like a charm. How strange.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: