Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Compiles segfault and make undeletable files?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antisthenes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Compiles segfault and make undeletable files? Reply with quote

HELP!

I'm running kernel 2.6.0-love2 with glibc 2.3.3_pre20031222, and compiling sometimes (often) bombs out, creating undeletable files. For example, I'm compiling libgda, and spontaneously the compile segfaults, and the file that it was compiling (or something...I don't exactly know) becomes undeletable. By this I mean, any make clean process hangs, any rm process hangs (and becomes unkillable), any GUI filemanager crashes when asked to delete it. I can move the directory, but that doesn't really solve my problem. On the next reboot reiserfsck corrects it and makes it deletable again. So basically, this is corrupting my filesystem. I want the new unstable openoffice, and I've already tried restarting 3 times, all leading to undeletable directories.

This is not a compiler issue; I experienced it first with gcc 3.3.2-r4, then tried -r5, then went back to trusty old -r2, which I had used previously with no error.

I've also experienced the data corruption issue some noticed with 2.6.0, but I think I corrected the results of that....

This is also not a hardware problem. I used to have a stick of bad RAM in this machine, and this is not what it is.

Please help!
ikaro
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are aware that the love sources are highly experimental and very delicated.
I haven't tried love sources yet, and this post even scared me more, however i can recomend that you try mm1 or mm2 which also are a little bit more up to date than the default 2.6.0 from kernel.org.

If you indeed still want to use the love sources, i would recomend that you submit a bug to the current love sources maintainer ( steelb )
Search for the current tread about the love sources releases.
linux: #232767
antisthenes
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using love-sources since -test4, I am aware of all the issues and of all the various patches included. I even helped develop at one point. The current love-sources includes no relevant patches over -mm1. The fact that this is -love is not really the problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: