View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markfromithaca
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: KXdocker loading mounts Reply with quote

For the first 8 months of my gentoo expierience I've run Enlightenment 1.6 with no taskbar, no file manager and no start bar. I only used the icon box and the built in enlightenment menu. Recently I installed KXdocker and I lover it, it runs excellent on my machine and is absolutely beautiful. The only problem I have is that everytime KXdocker starts it loads 6 or so icons that look like hardrives and are links to /sys, /var, /dev/pts and a few other direcotires of that nature. I can remove them by right clicking on each indiviually but that is REALLY a pain in the ass.

I've read that to disable them you go to the plugins manager in the configurator and set the value in xMount and xARP to no; when I do this however, the list of plugins adds a new entry for the plugin I tried to change (ie another entry for xMount will apear at the bottom of th list) but the AutoAddMounts variable in both entries for xMount is still blank. I've tried saving and loading the config files in Configurator every way I could think of, and have also gone into the config file with a text editor and tried to remove the xMount and xARP plugins from it but they still load and the icons still appear.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if you want to see my KXdocker config file lemme know and I'll post it, didn't want to post such a huge file unless necassary.
and i will advertise it
HermanR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try setting the className for every icon that appears in the Alias-tab of the configurator to "disabled"?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: