View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: ATA Raid Problem Reply with quote

I'm trying to install gentoo on an HP Proliant DL320. I have an onboard ATA 100 Raid controler that uses a serverworks CSB6 chipset. Raid is configured in the bios for the controler. When I boot from the live cd it does not detect my array. It simply detects two drives hda and hdc. However if I compile my kernel with the serverworks driver, which is not available as a module, it will detect ide0 and hda becomes my cdrom. So it is apparent to me that the live cd does not have the correct driver for me to build my system using the array. How can I get this driver onto the live CD so that I can build my system using the array as apposed to putting it on hda and not getting raid. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Crimson Rider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might or might not help you, but you have to instruct the kernel on livecd to load the ataraid modules.

Try starting the kernel with the following option

gentoo doataraid

This post was answered in accordance with "the adopt an unanswered post initiative today"
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson Rider wrote:
This might or might not help you, but you have to instruct the kernel on livecd to load the ataraid modules.

Try starting the kernel with the following option

gentoo doataraid

This post was answered in accordance with "the adopt an unanswered post initiative today"

Thank you for answering my post.

I will try this tomorrow when I'm at work. I was also wondering if I need to do something special in my grub.conf to make the kernel I build do ataraid. And should this volume be presented as /dev/hda or something else entirely?
Again thanks for your help!
Crimson Rider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with grub, I know that in LILO you can just give the entire device name and it works.

Also make sure to read the part of the install doc that deals with ATARAID, it explains how to rebind /dev wich you will need to do if you want to boot ATARAID.
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I having a hard time finding any mention of ATARAID in the install documentation. Is this information in a seperate document?
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I tried booting with the gentoo doataraid option and I still do not have ataraid in /dev just /dev/hda and /dev/hdc. I also tride doing a modprobe ataraid. I contacted HP they told me this is hardware raid. And that the module used in red hat, which they support, is megaide.o . I have experienced the same thing in Red Hat. I get /dev/hda /dev/hdc no ataraid. I've tried both the raid 0 and raid 1 config in the bios of the server. I can't really get much help from HP though since they don't support Gentoo and I don't want to use Red Hat. Again thanks for your help.
Crimson Rider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme see what I can come up with

Gentoo docs (and i do quote )

Quote:
Hardware ATA RAID

Users who want to install Gentoo on Hardware ATA RAID must pay attention to the next steps in order for them to succesfully install Gentoo Linux:

* Be sure to start the LiveCD with the doataraid kerneloption
* If you've forgotten to select doataraid during bootup, or the modules mysteriously didn't load, load them as needed:

Code listing 1: Loading RAID modules

# modprobe ataraid
(For Promise Raid Controllers:)
# modprobe pdcraid
(For Highpoint Raid Controllers:)
# modprobe hptraid

* Some ATA RAID Controllers require you to reboot after partitioning; formatting will otherwise fail
* Before chrooting, mount the devicetree into the new environment:

Code listing 2: Mounting /dev into /mnt/gentoo/dev

# mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev

* During kernel configuration, select the required RAID options:

Code listing 3: RAID in the Linux Kernel Configuration

For Highpoint RAID controllers:
ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support --->
[*] HPT36X/37X chipset support
[*] Support for IDE Raid controllers
[*] Highpoint 370 software RAID
For Promise RAID controllers:
ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support --->
[*] PROMISE PDC202{46|62|65|67} support
and/or
[*] PROMISE PDC202{68|69|70|71|75|76|77} support
[*] Support for IDE Raid controllers
[*] Support Promise software RAID (Fasttrak(tm))

* When using GRUB add --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 when running grub to the setup command:

Code listing 4: Installing GRUB for Hardware RAID systems

grub> root (hd0,0)
grub> setup --stage2=/boot/grub/stage2 (hd0)
grub> quit

Also, in the GRUB configuration be sure to point the root to the appropriate RAID device:

Code listing 5: grub.conf for RAID

title=My Gentoo Linux on RAID
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/ataraid/dXpY

* LILO users should set the root option to the appropriate RAID device:

Code listing 6: lilo.conf for RAID

image=/boot/bzImage
label=linux
read-only
root=/dev/ataraid/dXpY

If you still have problems installing Gentoo Linux on your Hardware RAID, be sure to report them on https://bugs.gentoo.org.

Thanks for using Gentoo Linux, and have fun with your new installation!

Taken directly from the Gentoo install doc located at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-install.xml, chapter 27. Gentoo On Less-Common Hardware

I never heard of the raid chipset you are referring to however, you might want to google for it to see if you can find linux drivers for it. What kinda raid does it do for you ? Raid 1, 0, 5 ?

Try checking the kernel docs for mention of your chipset, if the driver is not on the live cd, you can probably compile it from source somewhere or download it from HP. If you can't compile it yourself you can probably find someone who can online.

Hope that helps.
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chip is the Broadcom Serverworks CSB6. It supports Raid 0, 1, and 1+0. According to HP it is hardware raid. The serverworks CSB6 is listed in the kernel in the IDE section however there is no mention of raid..... I think I'm gona have to call HP tech support again.
Crimson Rider
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried grep searching the entire kernel doc dir ?
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson Rider wrote:
Have you tried grep searching the entire kernel doc dir ?

No, what would I grep for?
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called HP again and this time got someone who knew what they are talking about. He hooked me up with the driver for my card, module for RH unfortuneately. So I loaded RH 9.0, Red Hat has apt available now though so maybe it won't be that bad..... It's still not gentoo though :-(. I'm gona have to see if I can experiment with shoehorning gentoo on using red hats kernel....... But I really need to get these servers up and running. Anyway thanks for all the help.
wahuu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: megaide driver Reply with quote

I have contacted LSI and they sent me a driver for the Raidcontroller. http://pub.datux.nl/linux/drivers/proliant/megaide-shimdriver-readme.txt

The driver is partially closed-source but I did not have any problems compiling it with gentoo-2.4.22-r7. It even loads and works successfully! The only problem left is the grub configuration:
creating root device
Mounting root filesystem
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 232k freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

Greetings,
Dom
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you do to get around the kernel panic?
Right now I'm using Red Hat 9.0 on those boxes. I installed apt-get so redhat is liveable but I'd much prefer to be using gentoo. Although at this point it would be a setback to reload them :-( so I'm probably going to have to stick with redhat.
wahuu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: kernel panic Reply with quote

unfortunately i was not able to solve the problem. :( even without the megaide module in the initial ramdisk the following message appears: failed in exec of /bin/insmod

any help on this issue is welcome! thanks, dom.
jthj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: kernel panic Reply with quote

wahuu wrote:
unfortunately i was not able to solve the problem. :( even without the megaide module in the initial ramdisk the following message appears: failed in exec of /bin/insmod

any help on this issue is welcome! thanks, dom.

I had similar issues even trying to use that controler w/o raid. I coudln't get gentoo to boot at all on that machine. However it would work and I could access the drives when booting of the CD. I really don't understand that.
batlogg
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: megaide solution? Reply with quote

after wahuu spent some more hours on the megaide thing (tried mkinitrd, kernel-module foo, kernel-option bar,...
finally brad_mssw from #gentoo-dev proposed the following:

Code:

brad_mssw: anyhow, to hack it, prebuild the kernel with standard configs
brad_mssw: let it create the initrd, etc
brad_mssw: then compile your module against that kernel source
brad_mssw: then edit the modules_load  file in your /usr/share/genkernel/$ARCH
brad_mssw: and under the SCSI_MODULES  put only that module name ...
brad_mssw: then rerun genkernel, except this time, use   genkernel --no-clean all
brad_mssw: it should copy that kernel module to the initrd
brad_mssw: then in grub or lilo, whatever bootloader you use
brad_mssw: <brad_mssw> you'll need to pass the   'doscsi'   command to your bootloader
brad_mssw: and it should 'just work'
brad_mssw: the clean approach is going to involve a multi-step process still ... something like   genkernel kernel && (compile and install custom module) && genkernel initrd
brad_mssw: where you'd perform your custom steps in the middle
brad_mssw: but right now, genkernel only supports the 'all' argument
batlogg: o.k. thanks for your help
batlogg: i think this should work
brad_mssw: cool
tomalok
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Proliant DL320 that I've been fighting with for about a week now.

I've compiled a megaide.o vs. the 2004.0 LiveCD kernel's config, loaded that, and installed Gentoo on the associated /dev/sda.

The next tricky part was to get GRUB set up, as it couldn't see /dev/sda -- nor could it see /dev/hda or /dev/hdc, because the megaide kernel module makes it go away. Was able to get the boot sector set up from a GRUB floppy on hda and hdc.

Then, for some reason, megaide.o wasn't a part of the initrd that genkernel was creating. I hacked genkernel to unpack the megaide source, compile, install, and re-run depmod after the kernel and modules had been compiled and installed. Finally, I had megaide.o in the initrd.

But, to my dismay, the initrd isn't loading the module. I'm getting something along the lines of...

Code:
failed to exec
kmod: /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter
errno = 2

...and it can't find the real_root (/dev/sda1).

When I get to a busybox shell, I can modprobe megaide just fine, but no /dev/sda shows up... Though a proper directory does appear in /dev/scsi/....

If anyone can point me in the right direction, maybe there's some silly little thing that I've missed, or perhaps this is just more trouble than it's worth, and I should just use md RAID1 instead... ;)
mcguire_mr2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this will help, but...

I just successfully installed Gentoo 2004.1 on DL320. At first I was having the same probs that ya'll were. I used gentoo-dev-sources-2.4.7-r5. I compiled in support for ServerWorks stuff, but this didn't seem to work. I decided to look at the LiveCD bootup output to determine which modules it was loading for the hard drive. It was loading the ServerWorks stuff, too, but I noticed that just before this it was loading CMD649. Looking a bit further, it appears that on mine it's using the CMD649 for the hard drives, and the ServerWorks for the CD. Don't know why.

So, in menuconfig, under Device Drivers->ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support, I made sure the following were built in:
-- CMD64{3|6|8|9}
-- ServerWorks OSB4/CSB5/CSB6 chipsets support

Now gentoo boots just fine!

I'd like to know if this works for anyone else.

later,
mack
Moto
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcguire_mr2 wrote:
Don't know if this will help, but...
So, in menuconfig, under Device Drivers->ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support, I made sure the following were built in:
-- CMD64{3|6|8|9}
-- ServerWorks OSB4/CSB5/CSB6 chipsets support
mack

Thank you very much, solve my problem instantly, My drives were slightly different in that they were being seen as hde, but apart from that everything was fine.

Andy
apyles
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: dl320 with megaide configuration howto over PXE boot Reply with quote

I just configured an HP proliant dl320 to work with Gentoo 2000.1

Here is how I did it.
1.) my server didn't come with floppy or cdrom, so I setup a PXE boot environmnet on my other PC.

a.) to setup PXE, you can use grub to do this. Make sure that you compile a static version of grub in your pxe build environment. And make sure you use grub.0.95

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/grub-0.95.tar.gz

then grab the patches below at:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=9408

( you really only need patch 2)

#tar -xvzf grub-0.95.tar.gz; cd grub-0.95
#cat ../grub-0.95-diskless-patch-2.patch | patch -p1
#./configure --enable-diskless --enable-tg3
#make

this will create the pxeboot that will the support the broadcom 1000.
for further instructions on how to configure pxeboot, look at this link.

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=54293&highlight=pxe+boot

next you need to get a version of megaide shim driver ( contact lsi logic for latest version ). However there is a version available at :

http://pub.datux.nl/linux/drivers/proliant/megaide-shimdriver-readme.txt

You can then build your kernel and follow the instructions on how to build this as a module. Once you have the module built, you need to add this to your initrd. This is done by editing /usr/share/genkernel/x86/module

make sure you change the first line to:
MODULES_SCSI="megaide sd_mod"

NOTE: note that I added megaide and sd_mod. It turns out that when megaide is loaded it also loads this module if you don't have it compiled in. Also scsi_mod is also required, so either compile it in our add it to the list.

this is assuming that you are using genkernel with the default build. in addition make sure that you add support for the tg3 broadcom driver.

This should allow you to boot off pxeboot at this point. Once you have done this make sure that megaide and sd_mod modules are loaded and you can proceed with the install.

If anyone finds this useful let me know, as it took me a while to finally get all of this information together.

andy
NiceGuy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Can Gentoo Be INstalled on HP Proliant DL320 G5 Server? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have just attempted to install Gentoo on a Hewlet Packard Proliant DL320 G5 Server and after the installation the system attempts to boot, but goes not further than
Code:
Uncompressing Linux ... OK, booting the Kernel

It does not appear to be frozen ... nor does there appear to be a kernel panic ... just that it is not going any further than this in the boot sequence ... need help.

Thanks for your time an insight
TwinGears
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/dl320g5-drivers-cert.html
I does appear so - you may want to look back into the instructions, look over mounting, don't forget /dev and /proc. I would also look over /proc/cpuinfo and lspci -v just to make sure you understand what is needed in your kernel.
After you get the hang of it you will think nothing of it.
Good luck.
:)
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it just hangs there, it might be getting hung up on some aspect of the kernel. I would try passing the no frame buffer parameter to the kernel before anything else. You do that by typing this at the boot prompt:

Code:

gentoo-nofb

instead of just gentoo.

Let us know if that helps.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merged above three posts here.

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
NiceGuy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I am not sure how to translate the information that lspci provides ... into understanding which module to configure/load/build.
For example: here is the lspci output for my HP DL320 G5 system:
Code:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation E7230/3000/3010 Memory Controller Hub (rev c0)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 31f9
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation E7230/3000/3010 PCI Express Root Port (rev c0) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=0a, subordinate=0c, sec-latency=0
        Capabilities: [88] #0d [0000]
        Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [a0] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=06, sec-latency=0
        Memory behind bridge: fde00000-fdefffff
        Capabilities: [40] Express Root Port (Slot-) IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [90] #0d [0000]
        Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2

00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GR/GH/GHM (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=07, subordinate=09, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: 00004000-00004fff
        Memory behind bridge: fdf00000-fdffffff
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000050000000-0000000050000000

00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GR/GH/GHM (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 6 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=0d, subordinate=0d, sec-latency=0

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 31fe
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
        I/O ports at 1000 [size=32]

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        I/O ports at 1020 [size=32]

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        I/O ports at 1040 [size=32]

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        I/O ports at 1060 [size=32]

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
        Memory at fdbf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [58] Debug port

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=64
        I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00003fff
        Memory behind bridge: fdc00000-fddfffff
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000d8000000-00000000dff00000
        Capabilities: [50] #0d [0000]
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
        Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
        I/O ports at <ignored>
        I/O ports at <ignored>
        I/O ports at <ignored>
        I/O ports at <ignored>
        I/O ports at 0500 [size=16]

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
        I/O ports at 1080 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 1088 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 1090 [size=8]
        I/O ports at 1098 [size=4]
        I/O ports at 10a0 [size=16]
        Memory at fdbe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
        Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2

01:03.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc ES1000 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 31fb
        Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
        Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        I/O ports at 3000 [size=256]
        Memory at fddf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at fdc00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2

01:04.0 System peripheral: Compaq Computer Corporation Integrated Lights Out Controller (rev 03)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 3305
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
        I/O ports at 2800 [size=256]
        Memory at fdde0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
 Capabilities: [f0] Power Management version 3

01:04.2 System peripheral: Compaq Computer Corporation Integrated Lights Out  Processor (rev 03)
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
        I/O ports at 3400 [size=256]
        Memory at fddd0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
        Memory at fddc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Memory at fdd00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at fdc20000 [disabled] [size=64K]

01:04.4 USB Controller: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 3300 (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 18
        I/O ports at 3800 [size=32]

01:04.6 Class 0c07: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 3302 (prog-if 01)
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
        Memory at fdcf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]

02:00.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom EPB PCI-Express to PCI-X Bridge (rev b5) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Bus: primary=02, secondary=03, subordinate=06, sec-latency=64
        Memory behind bridge: fde00000-fdefffff
        Capabilities: [60] Express PCI/PCI-X Bridge IRQ 0
        Capabilities: [90] PCI-X bridge device
        Capabilities: [b0] Power Management version 2

03:04.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5714 Gigabit Ethernet (rev a3)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC324i PCIe Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
        Memory at fdef0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Memory at fdee0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [40] PCI-X non-bridge device
      Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/3 Enable-

03:04.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5714 Gigabit Ethernet (rev a3)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC324i PCIe Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
        Memory at fded0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Memory at fdec0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [40] PCI-X non-bridge device
        Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/3 Enable-

03:08.0 PCI bridge: Broadcom BCM5785 [HT1000] PCI/PCI-X Bridge (rev b4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64
        Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=06, sec-latency=64
        Capabilities: [90] PCI-X bridge device

07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC360T PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
        Memory at fdfe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        I/O ports at 4000 [size=32]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at 50000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [d0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [e0] Express Endpoint IRQ 0

07:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 06)
        Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC360T PCI Express Dual Port Gigabit Server Adapter
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 20
        Memory at fdfa0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        Memory at fdf80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        I/O ports at 4020 [size=32]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at 50020000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [d0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [e0] Express Endpoint IRQ 0

I apologize for the confusion ... and the lengthy post .. just need some clarity
Thanks again
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: