Gnomemeeting and Soundblaster 5.1 Live!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrroessner
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Gnomemeeting and Soundblaster 5.1 Live! Reply with quote

Hello,

I have used my soundcard a long time without using digital-out. Since I bought a Kennwood receiver, I have connected my pc with the digital input of my receiver. Everything seems to work fine so far (Watching DVD or listening pcm), but two or three little things do not work anymore:

1.) My pc-speaker does not work anymore (Not so important but helpful with bash-autocompletion)

2.) My tv card was connected with line-in, but also line-in does not work anymore, so I connected the tv card directly with the receiver (workaround)

3.) And this is important to me: I would like to use Gnomemeeting, but my mic does not work. I get no feedback, while talking in the configuration druid.

My biggest problem is: KDE 3.2... has a good kmix but the amount of options is an overkill for me: 21 sliders for output, 15 input sliders and 15 switches under advanced. Sorry, I am not able to find out, which slider or switch to change, so I can use my mic. Can someone give me a short hint?

Why does the alsa project show so many options, users can not understand?

My system:
SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
Miro PCTV
kernel gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.1
kde 3.2_beta2
alsa 1.0_rc2 (or 3?)

I was very happy, if you could help me with that. Most important 3rd question. Or is there a SoundBlaster HOW-TO?

Thanks in advance

Christian
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: