View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultim8
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: OpenGL screensaver is black Reply with quote

I've searched the forums already and found a few post's. But nothing really helpful yet.

My opengl apps were working fine (including the screensavers). Then I went into KXconfig and fooled around in there (KXconfig was saying that I didn't have anything set up for my nvidia card[Nvidia Geforce 4 ti 4200]). So I set it up within KXconfig, but it didn't have my exact card...nothing over a Geforce 3. I choose the Geforce 3 settings then saved and restarted X.

Now I'm noticing that my GL screensavers are not working...just a blank screen. I went into XF86config and noticed that a few of the nvidia settings were changed. I changed them back to what they were, but still no luck.

When I startX I see the Nvidia splash screen. if I run glxgears, it works fine with pretty high frame rates. But still just a blank screen in my GL screen savers. The other non-opengl screen savers work great.
Angrybob
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it make a backup of your old XF86Config file before it messed with it? might be worth checking for that then run diff on them to see what it fiddled with
ultim8
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea. I bet there is a backup. I'm pretty sure my XF86config is correct however. So I don't think that is the problem. I'll check when I get home from work this evening.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: