__eh_pc / libstdc++-2.8
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tripwire
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: __eh_pc / libstdc++-2.8 Reply with quote

Hey folks.

Just installed Gentoo on my main machine. All seems to be going ok except for two issues. One I am posting in the networking forum since it deals with my Nic's, but the other one I guess goes here.

I use Amavis to scan all incoming email for viruses using Mcafee's uvscan program. Up till now I've been using RedHat, which worked fine for that with it's libstdc++-2.8.1. But now I'm using gentoo, which has libstdc++-5.x.x and it's causing me nothing but grief. If I run uvscan I get errors that it cannot find libstdc++-2.8.so, so I symlinked my libstdc++ lib file to that filename. Now run uvscan and get:

uvscan: relocation error: uvscan: undefined symbol: __eh_pc
:cry:
I'm stumped here. I tried getting libstdc++ 2.8 from ftp.gnu.org but it won't compile (dies on the first file, and for whatever reason the gcc command is always 2>/dev/null so I have no idea WHY it is dying. :x

Can someone help me out here? I *NEED* to get uvscan up and running. It's a simple requirement. I like gentoo a lot and would love to use it exclusively, but if I cannot make uvscan work then I simply CAN NOT use Gentoo. I WILL not run a mail system without a virus scanner. I cannot afford to purchase a retail virus scanner. That is why I grabbed uvscan in the first place.
:x
Help me out please? Don't make me go back to something like RedHat!?

:(
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: