Bootable AV CD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aderio
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Bootable AV CD Reply with quote

I've been toying with the idea of making a bootable CD which could be used to mount scan and repair NTFS, Fat etc. drives. I've seen various articles about using Knoppix but to keep say F-prot up to date seems a bit ott. However I found this article http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3747&page=1 about using Slackware and wondered wether the concept could be tweaked to use Gentoo.
2.6 kernel with full access to NTFS FAT etc
F-prot or Clam Av
Dependencies
As far as I'm concerned no need to go beyond a command line. i.e. no X or window manager
Anyone had a go at this or thoughts. I am aware that Viruses are not a problem in Linux but sadly many (all) customers and friends are not yet convinced.

Thanks Geoff
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a script to help you setup a gentoo live cd, get it with "emerge livecd-ng". Haven't tried it yet.

Bitdefender recently published a free linux live cd which might contain everything you want: ntfs write support, a antivirus tool, samba3 support to scan a whole windows network. Haven't tried that one, too.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: