Setting up an internal portage server with binary packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasquedAvenger
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Setting up an internal portage server with binary packages Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I have a project that I want to work on. What I want to do is, I want to emerge packages from source, have the emerge command automatically create binary packages for them as it goes along, and then take those binary packages and put them up on my own internal portage server. How would I go about this? I'm pretty sure that there's an option I can specify when I run the emerge command to create the binary packages, and I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to setup a server with the appropriate distfiles. Does anyone know how I would go about this? Also, I'm guessing that I would need to host my own portage tree internally as well to run emerge sync off of in order to avoid version mismatches with my binary packages. One thing that I'm very hazy about is where to specify the server(s) that are used to retrieve packages and the portage tree. If anyone has any advice and any help that they could provide me I would be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance :)

By the way, I'm thinking that I may write up a document detailing how to do this as well once I get it working if anyone would be interested. Anyone out there that could benefit from this? In a large household or small company, it would probably be a good way to keep things more under control, since you can test the packages first and make sure everything compiles and that nothing breaks, and only then put it up for other systems to be able to emerge from. Anyway, just some thoughts :) Thanks again.

James
bruzzler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about doing this:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=59134&highlight=nfs+portage
MasquedAvenger
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha. Guess I should've done some searching... :oops: Thanks for the link.

James
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: