handle other packages like Python
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k-dub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: handle other packages like Python Reply with quote

The latest upgrade migration to Python is handled well. I like the intended use of "python-updater". Other packages should have a similar update tool, specifically, Berkeley DB and OpenSSL. I recently upgraded both of these, and had to recompile many, many packages. It tool me much longer than necessary to figure out which dependancies were broken and what needed to be recompiled.

I will beg if necessary. Please, whoever wrote "python-updater", create similar tools for Berkeley DB and OpenSSL. :)
Hoosier
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: revdep-rebuild? Reply with quote

Does revdep-rebuild not do what you want?

The warning that comes out at the end of the openssl-0.9.7 build gets whisked away by the 0.9.6 clean, but you can find it in the ebuild:

Code:

test-gentoo:~ # grep einfo /usr/portage/dev-libs/openssl/openssl-0.9.7c-r1.ebuild
        einfo "Compiling ${P}"
                        einfo "Forcing ${SSH_TARGET} compile"
                einfo "Compiling ${OLD_096_P}"
                einfo "You can now re-compile all packages that are linked against"
                einfo "OpenSSL 0.9.6 by using revdep-rebuild from gentoolkit:"
                einfo "# revdep-rebuild --soname libssl.so.0.9.6"
                einfo "# revdep-rebuild --soname libcrypto.so.0.9.6"
                einfo "After this, you can delete /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6 and /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6"

If that's not whatcha want, ignore this, just trying to leave no post unanswered.
k-dub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about it. It seems I was writing ldcheck at the same time someone came up with revdep-rebuild, and I missed the introduction.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: