Sounds repeating
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BWoso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Sounds repeating Reply with quote

I thought that this was pretty funny. I finally did everything that I thought I needed to do to get my sound to work and then loged out and startx back into kde and then I instant messaged someone and the sound occored 7 times, and then when they instant messaged me back 7 times again. Then I decided to play a song and see if that would work, and of course it's still playing about 7 times longer than it should be since every sound is gong to be played 7 times. It sounds pretty cool, but I could see it getting very annoying in the short future. I have an audigy 2 sound card, I am using the emuk10k1 driver. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix the problem.
gebner
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the alsa driver?

P.S.: This could be some issue with arts and hardware mixing. Did you try anything directly outputting to oss (or alsa; not to arts).
BWoso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started alsa by typing /etc/init.d/alsasound start. When I played a video clip like an hour and a half ago the sound was still going when I got back from doing some stuff. I typed /etc/init.d/alsasound stop and the sound stopped. Then I started it again and the any sound that I have my computer make happens 7 or so times. I am going to review all of my files and make sure that it's not something obvious. If you have any ideas of what it could be please post something. Thanks
BWoso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am I using the wrong driver? The alsa page says to use the audigy driver and then it says to use the emu10k1 driver later. I would try to use the audigy driver but when I try to emerge it I get an error saying that it does not exist
BWoso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it helps when I type

aplay $KDEDIR/share/sounds/pop.wav

I get this output, it also plays the sound about 15 times

Playing WAVE '/usr/kde/3.1/share/sounds/pop.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Mono
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:523:(snd_pcm_hw_drain) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DRAIN failed: Input/output error
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: