Automake needs perl, perl needs automake, during stage 2->
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bent
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Automake needs perl, perl needs automake, during stage 2-> Reply with quote

After using Debian in lieu of the Gentoo livecd, so I can install on an oldworld mac (face it, how else can you do it?) I've ran into a problem
during the emerge system, after I unpacked my stage2.

emerge autoconf failed because perl cannot be found, and perl can't be emerged becuase autoconf is needed.

What's the best plan of attack here? Not having had ever seen a legendary "build from stage 1" ever be successful I've usually resorted to stage 3. For my mac, I regretfully decided to try stage 2, only to get hung up here.
xavier10
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Debian in lieu of gentoo livecd ? Reply with quote

Why did you use the debian for ? I do not really understand this part. I am sure there is a reason for that bu tI can't see.
I have done an install from stage 1 recently and the stage 2 was not a problem but I actually started with the livecd.

Regards,
bent
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: NewWorld Mac? Reply with quote

On Oldworld Mac's, like the one I've got, SCSI is not supported on any of the
Gentoo LiveCD's I could find. So I used a 2.4 debian one and a miniroot to make the gentoo
install.

Aside from learning how to cross-compile one for PPC on another machine, I couldn't see any other quick way of getting going. It was already late, and I wanted to start the builds before bed.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: