View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Kmail and its strange searching algorithm of emails in KAB Reply with quote

I ran into this problem with Kmail today ...

I was using thunderbird before Kmail and I got used to way TB handles autocompleting emails while typing to TO/CC/BC fields in compose mail window...

Example:

I got contact:
Andrea Krawcukova, Andy <trupik@mail.sk> (for instance :) )

I want to have her real name in my contacts, but for emailing I want to use nickname together with email: Andy <trupik@mail.sk>.

So when I type in To: field in TB, for example "krawc.." ... Andy <trupik@mail.sk> appears. Same for "andre.." and "and..", TB finds it all the time but always uses as "Andy <trupik@mail.sk>".

But Kmail works diferently.

I added contact to KAB, formatted name is name KAB is sending to apps. I chose "custom" and typed "Andy". But ... Kmail failed to find anything if I type in TO: field "krawcuk..". If I type "Andrea" or "Andy", it finds person, but name is in format "Andrea Krawcukova <trupik@mail.sk>" instead of "Andy <trupik@mail.sk>" as it should be. But when I use Address selection and I find that person, KAB returns mail in my desired format. So Kmail is doing this I suppose ... it combines string from first and family name and second string is email. So it will fail to search for contact, if I type family name, which is wrong. And it ignores my desired formatted name, which is wrong too :)

Any ideas or it's just Kmail bug ( or imperfection ? : ) ? ?

:D :(
Shockman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps better explanation would be :

KMail does auto completion for contacts in the KAddressBook only by "given name" and never by "family name" or "additional name" (as far as I have been able to test it). And I was also not able to find a solution to this issue.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: